Mundie Moms

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Mundie Moms 2009 Top 5 Reads


Hey everyone, so its that time of year again, the holidays are upon us and the new year is approaching. In the spirt of the ending of another year, here are our Admin and Moderator's top five reads from 2009.

KatiebShawdowhunting aka Katie


City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Wings by Aprilynne Pike
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl


MsSonotamundie aka Sophie


City of Glass by Cassandra Clare.
Fade by Lisa McMann.
Candor by Pam Bachorz.
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl.

Chairman Meow aka Jennifer


City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Fade by Lisa McMann
Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Wings by Aprilynne Pike

Rach aka Carla


Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
The Demons Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Going too Far by Jennifer Echols

Pixie aka Amber


Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
The Host by Stephenie Meyer
The Forrest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
North of Beautiful by Justina Ched Healey

Stacie


Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Blood Promise by Richelle Mead
Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan
Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Andrea


Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Swoon by Nina Malkin



So, we've all had an amazing year of reading some awesome books, and it looks like a lot of our favourite books are from debut authors, which is amazing. I can only hope that 2010 is as good for books as 2009 was. Happy holidays everyone and stay safe :-)

7 comments:

  1. Thank you LovesSam for putting all this together. Choosing 5 was SOOOOOO hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such great pics! Totally agree with your lists and can't wait to find out what 2010 has in store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so hard picking 5! Thank you LS for doing this!!! It's so fun seeing our similar tastes in books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew there was a reason I love you guys...we all love the same books. Great choices. Happy Holidays and wishing everyone lots of great reading in 2010. -

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for putting this together. I love the way you added the pictures. It was so hard picking 5 I am glad I am doing it on my blog that way I can switch some out and only do 2009 release books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's what I did Pixie. I removed some of the ARCs I had read since they'll be out for 2010. I wanted to keep it books that were out in 2009, or else GONE and a few other books would have made my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some excellent picks ladies. So great in fact, I don't think there's any of my top 5 favorites you left out! There are a few I haven't read yet that I'll have to pick up too. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Labels