Mundie Moms

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Twitter Tuesday - Karen Healey

I was scrolling through tweets today when I came across Karen Healey's tweet about "rampant Classics geekery". Most of you know, by now, that I cannot resist a tweet like that. So I hopped over to Karen's blog and was treated to this:

My friend Todd has many brilliant ideas.

TODD: Imagine if you will, a television show along the lines of Desperate Romantics. ONLY.
TODD: Following the lives and (mostly fictionalised due to necessity) loves of Aeschylus and Euripides. And Sophocles.
TODD: Mainly Sophocles and Euripides. With old man Aeschylus shaking his fist at these young upstarts and shouting "I FOUGHT AT MARATHON DAMMIT!"
karenhealey: Hah!
TODD: It could be the greatest show ever.
karenhealey: For people exactly like us.
revena: The audience would be small, but fervent.

You can read the remainder of the post here while I'm still snickering at "small, but fervent". And then let me tell you why I was scrolling through Karen's tweets. You see, I picked up her newly released book, Guardian of the Dead and started reading it during the kids' swim lessons. Oooops. Mistake. I can't put it down. A review is sure to follow shortly. So far, yes, it's that good. Gotta run now, this Mundie Mom has a book to finish.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that GUARDIAN is so good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to hear that!! I'm currently waiting for my copy of the book to arrive in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, I pre-ordered it based on the blurbs -- Cassie, Libba Bray and Sarah Rees Brenna. I literally cannot put it down. Really good, so far.

    MMs, I think you may like it. Not done with it, yet...

    ReplyDelete

Labels