Mundie Moms

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

James Dashner & Brandon Mull book signing

Yesterday afternoon I had the chance to meet James Dashner and Brandon Mull at a book signing they were doing at Book People in Austin. Can I just say how awesome these two authors are. It was great meeting both of them. I love being able to meet authors face to face, especially after we have been corresponding via email and have had author chats with them.

They were great to visit with and it was neat to hear from one of the associates with the book store tell me what impact they had on the students whom they visited yesterday at some local schools. I think it's so great when authors are able to meet their young fans. It leaves a lasting impression on them.

I bet you're wondering why I'm posting this. Well, I have some SIGNED goodies from both James and Brandon. They both graciously handed me a handful of signed posters to giveaway on the blog. On top of those signed posters, I have a signed book of James Dashner's, The 13th Realty and book one of Brandon Mull's Fablehaven, with a signed book plate in it. They had just sold their last paperback of it before I got there, which is why the book itself is not signed. The reason we're doing paperbacks is so we can open this up to our international followers.

Be sure to visit our blog for our Freebie Friday, as you'll be able to enter to win one of their signed books and signed posters.

4 comments:

  1. OOO, so jealous over here. Total author event envy. I have yet to meet James Dashner--I'll track him down one of these days. But Brandon Mull is awesome and I missed him when he came to Cali because I was buried under revisions (*grumbles about agent deadlines*) Thanks so much for sharing and I will definitely be back on Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky, lucky Mundie! It looks like it was a fab event :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. KatieB, so glad you went and met them!! Fun account of an amazing experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! It was a lot of fun. They're awesome and hilarious. They were so nice in giving us some signed posters to giveaway! I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

Labels