Mundie Moms

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Book Review- Winter's Passage (e-book)

By Julie Kagawa
Published by Harlequin Teen
Released June 1st, 2010
(ebook)
5 Stars-This is a MUST read

Meghan Chase used to be an ordinary girl...until she discovered that she is really a faery princess. After escaping from the clutches of the deadly Iron fey, Meghan must follow through on her promise to return to the equally dangerous Winter Court with her forbidden love, Prince Ash. But first, Meghan has one request: that they visit Puck—Meghan's best friend and servant of her father, King Oberon—who was gravely injured defending Meghan from the Iron Fey.


Yet Meghan and Ash's detour does not go unnoticed. They have caught the attention of an ancient, powerful hunter—a foe that even Ash may not be able to defeat....


An eBook exclusive story from Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series.


I absolutely love this cover! I really wish I could touch this cover. I mean, it's beautiful. Plus the wolf girl in me adores it. This is one ebook that I really, really wish was a physical book. WOW! Julie packs everything that I love in a good book, into less than 60 pages. Action, romance, and it has a wolf, which was the perfect paranormal character.


If you've read The Iron King, you'll know that Megan gave her word to Ash, that she would return to the Winter Court with him. If you've read The Iron Daughter, then you know she does return with him. If you haven't read it, I promise I'm not spoiling anything by saying that. If you loved both of these books, just wait till you read Winter's Passage. Mix the adventure, action and chemistry from The Iron King and The Iron Daughter and BAM! You've got a hot little book called Winter's Passage, which starts when Ash comes for Megan and they journey back to the Winter Court.


There's a few little surprise along the way, as Puck makes a brief appearance and Grim (love Grim), is there for part of their journey. The Wolf, known as The Hunter is after Megan and Ash. Megan and Ash's scene are fantastic. I won't give away why I love them or what scenes they are. You just need to read it!! I have to say it will have you going, YES, it will pull at your heart strings and may even have you sighing. If you're like us, you may find yourself reading Winter's Passage a few times.


I really enjoyed how Julie kept her characters true to themselves, while introducing a new one with a twist. We all know the big bad wolf from nursery rhymes and childhood stories, but there's more to him than that. I seriously love his character. Winter's Passage is my favorite in Julie's The Iron Fey series.


Here's the link to go read Winter's Passage http://enterthefaeryworld.com/ironfey2/# It's only FREE until July 31st! Trust me, it's worth every penny we'll be spending on it after it's free promotional period is up. Don't forget to pre-order your The Iron Daughter, it's a must have!

5 comments:

  1. I have nothing to add except that I completely agree. What Julie packs into 60 pages is just amazing -- setting, plot, action, mythology and oh, the characters!!! Go and download it now. It's free and legal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just downloaded..... do you think it best to read Iron Daughter first? I haven't gotten that one yet (but have it ordered).

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you can read it before you read The Iron Daughter, as it takes place between The Iron King and The Iron Daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm almost done reading The Iron Daughter and then I'll rush to read this one. I'm so anxious and nosy because I ate up every word of your review. Now I can't wait to finish TID.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rowena, you'll have to let us know what you think! It's so good! I can't wait for you to read it.

    ReplyDelete

Labels