Mundie Moms

Monday, June 21, 2010

Mundane Monday #38

Happy Monday! Remember to breathe when you read this...

(this picture was found here http://tinyurl.com/2337t26)

.... For a split second longer she stood motionless. Then, somehow, she had caught at the front of his shirt and pulled him toward her. His arms went around her, lifting her almost out of her sandals, and then he was kissing her-or she was kissing him, she wasn't sure, and it didn't matter. The feel of his mouth on hers was electric; her hands gripped his arms, pulling him hard against her. The feel of his heart pounding through his shirt made her dizzy with joy. No one else's heart beat like Jace's did, or ever could.

He let her go at last and she gasped-she'd forgotten to breathe. He cupped her face between his hands, tracing the curve of her cheekbones with his fingers. The light was back in his eyes, as bright as it had been by the lake, but now there was a wicked sparkle to it. "There," he said. "That wasn't so bad, was it, even though it wasn't forbidden?"

"I've had worse, " she said, with a shaky laugh.
"You know," he said, bending to brush his mouth across hers, "if it's the lack of forbidden you're worried about, you could still forbid me to do things."
"What kid of things?"
She felt him smile against her mouth. "Things like this."

-City of Glass, pages 532-533, Clary & Jace

8 comments:

  1. *squees like fangirl, falls over*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this part!! It is soooooo beyond sweet and amazing!! I cheered at this part!! I thought it's about time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably my favorite scene ever. Great, now I want to reread the series when I have a TBR pile like you won't believe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mhmmmm, one of my favorite scenes, for sure. Great way to end my Monday evening!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Labels