Mundie Moms

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Book Review- Raised By Wolves

By Jennifer Lyn Barnes
Published by EgmontUSA
Released June 2010
Source: Bought
4 Stars- I Really Liked This Book, Go Pick It Up

At the age of four, Bryn watched a rogue werewolf brutally murder her parents. ALone in the world, she was rescued and taken in by the mysterious Callum, the alpha of his werwolf pack. Now fifteen Bryn's been raised as a human among werewolves, adhering to pack rule (mostly). Little fazes her.

But the pack's been keeping a secret, and when Bryn goes exploring against Callum's orders, she finds Chase, a newly turned teen Were locked in a cage. Terrifying memories of the attack on her mom and dad come flooding back. Bryn needs answers, and she needs Chase to get them. Suddenly, all allegiances to the pack no longer matter. It's Bryan and Chase against the werewolf world, whatever the consequences.

There have been some amazing wolf book releases lately, that when I bought Raised By Wolves, I held off on reading it right away. That was a mistake, as soon as I opened to page one, Jennifer Lyn Barnes took ahold of me and thrust me into her amazing Wolf world, and didn't let me go until I finished.

Raised By Wolves is an in-depth book that not only introduced me to the snarky, won't take no for answer, strong willed, main character Bryn, but it captured me and brought into the amazing world of werewolves. Jennifer's world building and writing style allowed me to get a bird's eye view of what it would be like to live with werewolves.

The pack is made up of both wolf pack traditions and human family emotions. There's tight bonds, frustrations, heart ache, love, action and strong unbreakable bonds formed that will forever change the way Bryn's pack has lived for centuries. It's the bond that Bryn has with Chase that that intrigued me the most.

Even with feeling some scene towards the end of the book dragged on longer than what I liked, Raised By Wolves is a thrill ride that picked me up, absorbed me into it's story and dropped me off before I wanted it to be over with. Normally I would say the story and characters captivated me, but really it was the world building that captured my attention the most.

6 comments:

  1. I'm trying to find a copy of this but sadly my book store doesn't have it in right now. I've read Jennifer's previous book and absolutely enjoyed that and am excited, when I do get the change ,to read Raised by the Wolves. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Excellent review XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I couldn't find it at any of local bookstores either. I ordered it from The Book Despository-http://www.bookdepository.com/book/9781606840597/Raised-by-Wolves

    I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this one soon! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is really amazing! I loved it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this book! It's in my top 10 fav. books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like Jennifer did a great job making a new version of wolf legends -- great review. I will have to pick it up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Labels