Mundie Moms

Monday, August 30, 2010

CWA Celebrations Day 30- Mundane Monday #48


TOMORROW is the day! While we are all anxiously awaiting the release of Clockwork Angel, we thought we'd make your Monday a little more appealing with an excerpt from Clockwork Angel.

... "Under Covenant Law, the Clave is responsible for parentless Shadowhunter children under the age of eighteen."

"So you are one another's family."

"If you must romanticize it, I suppose we are-all brothers and sisters under the Institute's roof. You as well, Miss Gray, however temporarily."

"In that case," Tessa said, feeling hot blood rise to her face, "I think I would prefer it if you called me by my Christian name, as you do with Miss Lovelace."

Will looked at her, slow and hard, and then smiled. His blue eyes lit when he smiled. "Then you must do the same for me," he said. "Tessa."

She had never thought about her name much before, but when he said it, it was as if she were hearing it for the first time-the hard T, the caress of the double S, the way it seemed to end on a breath. Her own breath was very short when she said, softly, "Will."

"Yes?" Amusement glittered in his eyes.

-Clockwork Angel (ARC), page 92

2 comments:

  1. OMG I LOVE it!!!!! I can not wait to get this book tomorrow! That just killed me :) lol Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! This is called teasing! ^^

    I pre-ordered this from TBD, and it still hasn't been dispatched. Ugghh..

    ReplyDelete

Labels