Mundie Moms

Monday, August 16, 2010

IMPORTANT Mockingjay Announcement

We at District 11 would like to kindly remind everyone about the announcement that Suzanne Collins gave this past week regarding Mockingjay:

"One of the most important things to me is that everyone in the world is going to be able to experience the final book of The Hunger Games all at the same time, and be able to discover what happens in the book without hearing about it elsewhere first. Word will certainly travel fast, but I urge you – before or immediately after August 24th – to please respect the other Hunger Games fans worldwide and avoid sharing any spoilers, so that the conclusion of Katniss’s story can unfold for each reader the way it was meant to unfold."

Now you know what happens to those who break the rules during the games... *coughs* Kidding, but please be respectful and don't ruin the book for those who don't want to be spoiled, and well that would be a lot of people.

Don't miss our District 11 blog stop on the 25th. Did we mention there's a giveaway too!?!

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait!!
    I hate the spoilers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOO excited! Will definitely zip the lip..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I wasn't able to read Deathly Hallows until about a week after the release date and by then there were TONS of spoilers online. Be kind, use **Spoiler Alerts**.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reminding people again! I'm getting mine mailed, so I won't have it right at the beginning... But hopefully people will respect the directive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy about this reminder ... I've actually been stressing that by the time my book arrives I'll have stumbled upon like 500 spoilers on blogs / Twitter :s I hope people are going to respect other readers - they may be excited - but so is everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been loving the Mockingjay tour. All the stops have been so fun! It sucks that almost all the giveaways have been US only but it's okay. Can't wait for the Mundie Mom stop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I wish I was one of the ones who got it early. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the comments. I hope people don't ruin it for others w/ spoilers!!

    I totally just pre-ordered my copy of MJ. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will support the "No to Mockingjay Spoilers"! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to read it! I think it's great that this reminder went out. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Labels