Mundie Moms

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Iron Queen Excerpt!


Julie Kagawa has treated all her fans with an excerpt from The Iron Queen!
Enjoy this sneak peak:

Ash strode to a nearby rock, swooped down, and tossed me a long, slightly curved stick. When I caught it, I saw that it was actually a leather sheath with a gilded brass hilt poking from the top. A sword. Ash was giving me a sword … why?

Oh, yeah. Because I wanted to learn to fight. Because I’d asked him to teach me.

Ash, watching me with that weary, knowing look on his face, shook his head. “You forgot, did you?”

“Nooooo,” I said quickly. “I just … didn’t think it would be this soon.”

“This is the perfect place.” Ash turned slightly to gaze around the clearing. “Quiet, hidden. We can catch our breath here. It’s a good place to learn while you’re waiting for your father to come out of it. When we’re done here, I have a feeling things will get much more chaotic.” He gestured to the sword in my hand. “Your first lesson begins now. Draw your sword.”


You can read the rest of the excerpt on Harlequin's site here http://tinyurl.com/26twrv7
Be sure to follow Julie on Twitter here https://twitter.com/Jkagawa

3 comments:

  1. Oooooh... this was a surprise and a treat! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser...can't wait for this to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaaaahhhhhh Ash and Meghan -- now with drawn swords!! Gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete

Labels