Mundie Moms

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blogger Appreciation Week- New Treasure


This year we took part in Book Blogger Appreciation Week. It was a lot of fun, as I have met a wonderful blogger whom I may not have other wise met. Suzanne with Bibliosue and I were paired up to interview each other. I'm glad I was paired with someone I didn't know, as I have found another great blogger to follower. Suzanne's blog expanded my "To Read" piles (which won't stop growing) with a variety of books I hadn't thought to read. Not only do we share a love for reading, but we're both Aunt's to twins. She has nieces and I have nephews.

What inspired you to start your blog?
I love to talk about what I've read, but because of my diverse tastes a lot of the books I read are not read by anyone I know "in real life". I started following blogs last year, and thought that it would be a good idea to start my own.

Do you review or post about every book you read?
No, I don't. If I've received a book from a publisher or another blogger, then I will definitely write about it, but there are some books I find I don't feel any "passion" for one way or another to put down my thoughts about it.

Your blog is well-done, with various gadgets like animation, video, and countdowns. How much time do you spend working on your blog?
As I view my blog as a hobby, I spend about two or three hours per week on it. I would like to spend some time learning how to jazz it up, though.

What's your favorite genre to read?
I am curious about almost everything, so I don't have a true favorite genre. I suppose that I prefer literary fiction and travel narrative/memoirs more than other genres, but there are very few genres that I will avoid completely.

How would you describe your blog?
I've only been at it for about 10 months, so I'd describe my blog as a work in progress. I talk about a wide range of books (fiction and non-fiction) and I'm working on a weekly Ulysses project (where I blog about my progress through this book) so I guess the blog is also kind of eclectic.

Thank you so much Suzanne. It was great getting to "meet" you and I'm looking forward to following your blog.

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I love her involvment in the Ulysses project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fan of Cassandra Clare. Strange that I had not heard of her before today

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an ambitious project -- not only reading Ulysses, but blogging about it regularly! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Labels