Mundie Moms

Monday, September 6, 2010

Mundane Monday #49

Happy Mundane Monday!!!


His eyes widened. "Clary?"

"Who else would it be?"

He didn't smile. "You don't look like you."

"It's the dress." She smoothed her hands down the material self-consciously. "I don't normally wear things this...pretty."

"You always look beautiful," he said, and she remembered the first time he'd called her beautiful, in the greenhouse at the Institute. He hadn't said it like it was a compliment, but just as if it were an accepted fact, like the fact that she had red hair and liked to draw. "But you look-distant. Like I couldn't touch you."

She came over then and sat down next to him on the wide top step. The stone was cold through the material of her dress. She held her hand out to him; it was shaking slightly, just enough to be invisible. "Touch me," she said. "If you want to."

He took her hand and laid it against his cheek for a moment.

- City of Glass, pages 526-527, Jace & Clary

11 comments:

  1. Hi, I didn't read Cassandra's books yet, but in october her first book is coming at Brazil, I'm so happy. I will finally read the book everyone is talking about. And OMG! Awesome what I read now.

    Ps: Sorry for my terrible english. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bruna! YAY! I'm so excited you'll get Cassie's books next month!! Your english is great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great!! OMG I can't wait to read Clockwork Angel now and CoFA :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely moment. Jace's so tender, so lost. Practically, not the lion anymore, but a defenseless boy. I'm very worried for him, now. He has surely inherited a heavy burden from his ancestor. After reading CA, I feel Herondale family's blood is a really complex melting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this part! I didn't realize how lucky I am to live in the U.S. and to be able to read the books right when they are published!! However I am way excited for you to be able to finally read such a great book series!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *swooon* still has that effect on me like I'm reading it for the first time....:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love those moments from all the books. Jace may be a smart mouth when he wants to be, but then he takes you by surprise....sigh !!
    My dear friend and fellow blogger Marissa is getting the books from her sister as a birthday gift in 3 weeks. Better late than never. Mind you I haven't shut up about them. Now she will know what I have been blathering about. I can actually share them with her once she has read them , rather than stating how much she will love them. I haven't been able to spoil anything for her. It will be quite a load off me to talk freely..lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's sad when I find myself every now and then staring at the City of Fallen Angels countdown thingy and wishing my life away for it to read 1 day left!!!! lol!!I had better make those other 207 days 15 hours worth the wait:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL I can totally relate! I can't wait to read COFA!! YAY for your friend for finally getting the TMI series. lol

    ReplyDelete

Labels