Mundie Moms

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Book Blurb- The Faerie Ring

I have just read an amazing book that I can't help but blurb on Mundie Moms. Next fall Kiki Hamilton's debut book, The Faerie Ring will be released by Tor Books. I highly recommend this. It's such a unique faerie book, and has all the wonderful elements I look for in a 5 star book.

Here's a brief summary of The Faerie Ring:

London, 1871

Orphaned and living in an abandoned clockmaker’s shop adjoining Charing Cross railway station, sixteen year old Tiki picks the pockets of passing travelers to survive. Her efforts support not only herself, but her ‘family’ of orphans, including fragile five year old Clara.

When Tiki steals the Queen’s ring, she thinks she’s solved their problems. That is, until Rieker, a tough from the north end, shows up in Charing Cross and informs her that the ring is really a reservoir that holds an age-old truce between the world of faerie and man. Unless guarded, faeries will search for the ring and destroy it, as well as anyone who has knowledge of the ring’s location... (from goodreads)

The Faerie Ring is an intriguing, beautifully written, blend of historical fiction, mixed with the perfect dose of romance, mystery, and faerie lore, all set within the time period of Victorian London. I was completely enraptured with the story that I couldn't devour this debut novel fast enough.

I absolutely loved reading this! I will be sharing my full review closer to the release date next year.

You can read more about The Faerie Ring and Kiki Hamilton's books here http://kikihamilton.blogspot.com

6 comments:

  1. I want to pre-order that now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this! What a great location, time and premise! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I would love to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Katie! Not only for reading The Faerie Ring, but for sharing such wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lia and Maidenveil- It's a great read!! I wish it was being released now!

    Kiki- You are so welcome! Thank you for asking me to read it!!

    ReplyDelete

Labels