Mundie Moms

Monday, October 4, 2010

Mundane Monday #53

Jace & Alec-

"What in the Angel's name is this stuff?"Alec reached out to touch the wall.

"Don't." Jace reached out, then drew back quickly before he made contact with the wall. "It'll shock you, maybe kill you if you try to pass through it."

Alec drew his hand back with a low whistle. "The Inquisitor meant business."

"Of course she did. I'm a dangerous criminal. Or hadn't you heard?" Jace heard the acid in his own tone, saw Alec flinch, and was meanly, momentarily, glad.

"She didn't call you a criminal exactly...."

"No, I'm just a very naughty boy. I do all sorts of bad things. I kick kittens. I make rude gestures to nuns."

"Don't joke. This is serious stuff." Alec's eyes were somber. "What the hell were you thinking, going to see Valentine? I mean, seriously, what was going through your head?"

A number of smart remarks occurred to Jace, but he found he didn't want to make any of them. He was too tired. "I was thinking that he was my father."

-City of Ashes, page 311

8 comments:

  1. I love these! Makes me want to stay home from work and reread the entire series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO bizarre, I was just thinking earlier (in the shower :)
    of the time when Alec tells him to jump!

    Great scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Aleccccc…! *cries* My heart broke for him all throughout the series whenever he had a scene with Jace and Jace was being his usual buttmunch self. So glad a gorgeous, sweet, powerful and all-around awesome guy like Magnus was there to sweep him off his feet and heal that broken heart of his. I love Alec so~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is definitely one of Jace's best smarty-pants comments. It makes me love him all the more. This definitely brightened my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Part!! Jace is always so funny when it comes to chaotic situations!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so sorry for Alec when Jace is being mean to him in this scene, even though Alec is trying to help, lol. Love TMI and ID! and Alec <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. omigod i love alec and i hate how jace is always so mean to him just because it makes him feel better thats so unfair

    ALEC and MAGNUS 4EVER

    ReplyDelete

Labels