Mundie Moms

Monday, October 11, 2010

Mundane Monday #54

Happy Mundane Monday!! I don't know about you, but today my feet are dragging.... here's to a great Monday!

(Image found on google. If this is your image, please let us know so we can give proper credit).

"Were you asleep?" he asked. There was no contrition in his voice, only curiosity.

"No." Clary stepped out into the hallway, pulling the door shut behind here. "Why would you think that?"

He eyed her baby blue cotton tank top and sleep shorts set. "No reason."

"I was in bed most of the day," she said, which was technicially true. Seeing him, her jitter level had shot up about a thousand percent, but she saw no reason to share that information. "What about you? Aren't you exhausted?"

He shook his head. "Just like the postal service, the demon hunters never sleep. Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these-"

"You'd be in major trouble if gloom of night did stay you." She pointed out.
He grinned. Unlike his hair, his teeth weren't perfect. An upper incisor was slightly, endearingly chipped.

She gripped her elbows. It was chilly in the hallway and she could feel goose bumps starting up her arms. "What are you doing here, anyway?"

"Here as in your bedroom, or 'here' as in the great spiritual question of our purpose on this planet? If you're asking whether it's all just a cosmic coincidence or there's a greater meta-ethnical purpose to life, well, that's the puzzler for the ages. I mean, simple ontological reductionism is clearly a fallacious argument, but-"

"I'm going back to bed." Clary reached for the doorknob. He slid nimbly between her and the door.
"I'm here," he said, "because Hodge reminded me it was your birthday."

Clary exhaled in exasperation. "Not until tomorrow."

"There's no reason not to start celebrating now."

-City of Bones, pages 306-307

4 comments:

  1. Awwww...The Midnight Flower chapter!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Midnight Flower Chapter!! The Greenhouse seems like a cool to place to be, besides it smelling amazing and having a cute boy with you what could be better!! This chapter makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that chapter like the back of my hand... I've read it way too many times... Ahhh to be Clary...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh.. still evoke the same feeling! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Labels