Mundie Moms

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

YA Spooktacular Story 1, Part 12: Darkness

We are so excited to be apart of the YA Spooktacular hosted by onceuponareview.com & frenzyofnoise.blogspot.com.

What is YA Spooktacular? It's 7 days filled with 2 great stories and A LOT of prizes!!!

How Does It Work? There are 2 spooky YA stories being told in 13 parts. Each part is written by a different author and their stories are posted on a different blog each day. At the end of each story, you will have a chance to enter to win a prize pack!! To enter, you must comment on each blog that the story is posted on.

That's not all, there will also be Trick or Treats posted on some of the blogs, which means more chances for you to win. While you don't have to leave a comment on all the blog to enter the Trick or Treats, you do need to follow the intructions on how to enter, to be eligible to win the prizes.

Be sure to go HERE to find the list of bloggers & authors participating and the complete list of rules & more.
Darkness Story One, Part 12 by Christine Johnson

Jeremy froze. It was so horribly similar to that other night - the night he’d seen the demon slit his beloved’s throat. He battled with the panic that rose in him, struggling for control. He snuck toward the pair, his eyes glued to Anna’s prone body. She lay on top of a grave, her beautiful face in the shadow of the headstone. It wasn’t until he was close enough to smell the stink of the demon that he saw the dark stain that marred the far side of her dress. It was blood - her blood - and it was spilling rapidly from a wound her side in a way that made Jeremy’s breath seize in his lungs.

“No - “ His voice sounded strangled. Airless.

The demon turned to face Jeremy, an amused disdain dancing in the fire of his eyes. He laughed. It was a short, bitter sound.

“Well, you’ve arrived at the last possible second. There’s nothing to be done, of course. She’ll move out of this incarnation any moment now, but if you’re quick, there might be time to say goodbye. Again. Go ahead.” The demon raised a knife that seemed to materialize in his hand. It’s edge shone red with blood, but without even bothering to wipe it, the demon started to clean beneath his broken fingernails with the tip, utterly unconcerned by the despair in front of him.

Jeremy dropped to his knees, crawling the last few feet to Anna’s side. He reached out a shaking hand and brushed the hair from her forehead. With a finger, he gently traced the shape of her unnaturally cold lips.

“Oh, my love,” his whispered. “Why?”

He turned to the demon, the question still on his lips. “Why?” he demanded. “It wasn’t enough to kill her once?”

The demon shrugged. “What good was she to me after that? Your . . .kind. . . . claimed her as their own.” The fire in his eyes became redder, hotter. “Which made it all the more complicated to make her mine. Finally and eternallymine.” He glanced down at Anna’s bleeding form. “With her as a vampire, I need not just my blood, but the blood of another vampire to create my little demon companion.Your blood will make it that much sweeter - the strength of the bond you shared with her still lurks in her veins. It will mingle with mine, strengthening her when she transforms.” He grinned. “She’ll be a marvelous companion to me. Now. Are you going to give me your arm willingly, or shall I cut you by force?”

Jeremy’s head swam. He’d thought he’d lost Anna forever, but he hadn’t. Not yet, at least, but if he couldn’t find some sort of solution, she really would slip though his fingers. His nightmare would come true. Again.


Be sure to go to Good Books and Good Wine TOMORROW (Friday) for the final chapter in this story, written by Heather Brewer here http://www.goodbooksandgoodwine.com/

Don't miss the part 12 of Story 2 on Reading Teen http://www.readingteen.net/ by Jennifer Murgia


A TRICK! Make a video telling your own part of the story ! Be creative. Tell the story. Sing the story. Act the story. There are no limitations... (+4 entries.) To enter, be sure to go here http://tinyurl.com/2cqk3nf and fill out the entry form.

**Please be sure to enter the giveaways via the links provided, as we not giving anything away on the blog.**

45 comments:

  1. I really can't predict how this story could end. Surely not a happy end, in my opinion.

    fabgiada (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Anna! Poor Jeremy! Can't wait to see what more angst is in store for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why can't they just be together?? So much suffering for Jeremy this sucks! But it's such a great story!!

    Kristen
    My Bloody Fairy Tale

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the demon has Jeremy's blood and a vampire's blood can ressurect someone that vampire killed, why don't the demon bring back his own girl and turn her into a demon like he intends to do with Anna? He'd be happier don't you think? And Jeremy and Anna could be together too! =)

    milagp1@yahoo.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, I've doubled the wrong letter: "resurrect"... Confusions with Portuguese.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There dosen't seem to be a way for them to live together. I sure hope they figure out how to though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story so far. Hope they end up together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to find out how it all ends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I can't wait to read the final part!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is my favorite part. It's got the love, the action, the revenge, the heartache, all in one. Loved it.
    Can't wait to read the next part.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so the demon wants the girl the vampire wants the girl but the girl wants the vampire?

    ReplyDelete
  12. So excited for the last part!!! Gah, how will it all end?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how horrible, cant wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor Anna, she has gone through so much. Hope Jeremy can save her.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hopefully this has a happy ending :) I wish it could be longer lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel so bad for Jeremy. I hope this ends well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really hope Jeremy can save Anna and maybe painfully destroy the demon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope Jeremy can save her! Anna's gone through so much! I can't wait to read the last part!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow!!! this story is really great! i hope jeremy can save anna and they can be together again. i so can't wait to see how it ends tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh..I'm not sure how this will end..I'm one for happy endings but this isnt looking good..
    ^"^

    baby_blackroze@yahoo.com

    Great story

    ReplyDelete
  21. He can't lose her! It just can't happen!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I swear this story just keeps on surprising me. My fingers are crossed that Jeremy figures out a way to save Anna :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. It all ends tomorrow. And I have to wait until then to know what happens. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't believe it poor Anna can't wait to see how it ends. What a really great story I found myself wanting more!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh my gosh I cannot wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Man, this couple just can't catch a break! Hopefully with the next chapter everything will work out!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Come on Jeremy! Give me a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lol, I love basically the demon saying "I WILL CUT YOU!" I wonder how Jeremy will fix this situation? I hope they end up together!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooh, come on Jeremy! You can figure something out...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Solution?? What solution? don't stop there.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ah, so that's the demon's motive.

    jlynettes @ hotmail . com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I hope he can save her! Can't wait for the final part.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I want Jeremy and Anna to be together! The final part is next!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I can't get a good read and predict where this is going...it's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Poor Jeremy!:(

    Great story!

    EmJaneGee@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I can't wait to see how this all ends

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ahhh! One more piece...how will it end?!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh my god! I can´t wait for read the last part!

    ReplyDelete
  39. AW! I really hope that things end happily for Anna and Jeremy! It's not looking good right now though :(

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ooh. Poor Jeremy and poor Anna at this point. I wonder how long they've been separated? And all the worse for her, because I bet a part of her had to know...

    ReplyDelete

Labels