Mundie Moms

Monday, November 8, 2010

Mundane Monday #58

It can't already be Monday can it!?! I want to yell no, but to make our Monday's a little bit merrier, enjoy a little Alec and Magnus interaction.

"Alec?" Magnus was staring at him. He had dispatched the remaining Iblis demons, and the square was empty but for the two of them. "Did you just-did you just save my life?"

Alec knew he ought to say something like, Of course, because I'm a shadowhunter and that's what we do, or That's my job. Jace would have said something like that. Jace always knew the right thing to say. But the words that actually came out of Alec's mouth were quite different-and sounded petulant, even to his own ears. "You never called me back," he said. "I called you so many times and you never called me back."

Magnus looked at Alec as if he'd lost his mind. "Your city is under attack," he said. "The wards have broken and the streets are full of demons. And you want to know why I haven't called you?"

Alec set his jaw in a stubborn line. "I want to know why you haven't called me back."

Magnus threw his hands up in the air in a gesture of utter exasperation. Alec noted with interest that when he did it, a few sparks escaped from his fingertips, like fireflies escaping from a jar. "You're an idiot."

"Is that why you didn't call me? Because I'm an idiot?"

"No." Magnus strode toward him. "I didn't call you because I'm tired of you only wanting me around when you need something. I'm tired of watching you be in love with someone else-someone, incidentally, who will never love you back. Not the way I do."

"You love me?"

"You stupid Nephilim," Magnus said patiently. "Why else would I be here?....."

-City of Glass, pages 238-239

9 comments:

  1. Ahh, thank you! I needed a little Magnus to get my week going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, it's sweet to remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww!! i love magnus and alec. cutest couple ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That part seriously Makes me laugh!! I love Magus and Alec Scenes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I miss Alec/Magnus even more than I miss Jace/Clary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally laugh every time I read this passage. I totally love this interaction between the two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brings a hugh smile to my face! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Labels