Mundie Moms

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Book Review- The Lost Saint

By Bree Despain
Published by Egmont USA
To Be Released on December 28th, 2010
Source- ARC from EgmontUSA
4.5 Stars- Go Pick It Up

The non-stop sequel to The Dark Divine delivers an even hotter romance and more thrilling action than Bree Despain's first novel. Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi. She gave her soul to the wolf to save him and lost her beloved mother. When Grace receives a haunting phone call from Jude, she knows what she must do. She must become a Hound of Heaven. Desparate to find Jude, Grace befriends Talbot - a newcomer to town who promises her that he can help her be a hero. But as the two grow closer, the wolf grows in Grace, and her relationship with Daniel begins to crumble. Unaware of the dark path she is walking, Grace becomes prideful in her new abilities - not realizing that an old enemy has returned and deadly trap is about to be sprung. Readers, raveous for more Grace and Daniel, will be itching to sink their teeth into The Lost Saint (quoted from Goodreads).

Oh how I enjoyed The Lost Saint! As I've said before, I'm not always a fan of the second books in series, as the characters sometimes make choice (that I know the need to make) that make me cringe and more often than not, it breaks the main character and it either breaks up the main love interests or leaves their relationship in jeopardy. This sequel has all that and more. Not only does Bree deliver a darker journey for Grace to take, as she learns to control her inner wolf, but she throws in a few twists and leaves me wanting a whole lot more with her ending.

I really liked that The Lost Saint picks right up from where The Dark Divine ended, and takes right off. What I enjoyed most about this sequel is how much Grace has grown as a character. She's not the good little preacher's daughter who sits on the side lines and pretends nothing is going on. She is on the hunt to control her powers, save her brother and the one she loves. There's romance, more history, a darker plot, fantastic plot twists that kept me guessing at who was behind the new evil that's roaming the city streets and action. Mix all these great elements with some fantastic new characters, and I was hooked.

Oh yes, the new characters. While Grace has found her inner strength, she has yet to get over little insecurities she has with Daniel. Katie Summers, the new character (whom I feel so honored is named after me) just might feed upon these insecurities and may or may not shake things up just a bit between Daniel and Grace. She's not the only one. Enter into the picture the hot new mysterious Talbot. Is he or isn't he out for Grace!? What's Jude's role in all this? Is he really out to protect his sister or save himself? That's one of many questions you'll be asking yourself until you get to the every end of The Lost Saint. Let me just say the ending will make you realize that nothing was predictable with this sequel.

I'm really looking forward to the next book! There's so many answers I need and I want to know what happens next. In the mean time, I'll enjoy re-reading The Lost Saint. I definitely recommend pre-ordering this book.

For more on the series and to see Bree's The Lost Saint play list, visit her site here: http://www.breedespain.com/

See The Lost Saint Trailer here-

AND thank you to Egmont, we have 1 copy of The Lost Saint with nail polish we're giving away! This contest will end on December 27th, when we host a LIVE Pre-Launch Chat Party with Bree!!! Don' worry, we've got more giveaways in store. Just make sure you join us on December 27th to find out what they are and how you can win!

8 comments:

  1. I've been trying to get a copy of this ARC since August, but to no avail! After reading your review, I'm glad I only have a couple more weeks left to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound like a great series so I better get started on TDD soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to read TDD and I'm pre-ordering TLS just to meet the lovely Miss Summers!! LOL. TDD has been on my TBR for too darn long. I will remedy that. And soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't really liked the first book, but reading your review, I really want to give it another try. Plus, the trailer makes it sound great. Thanks for the great review! Happy reading!

    -leslie:)
    booksandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenni- I hope you enjoy it! It's worth the wait.

    Minas- You're welcome and thank you!

    Jenny- It's a fun series, but TLS is definitely my favorite in this series.

    Alex- Yes you do! LOL I liked TDD, but really enjoyed TLS.

    Sophie- ROTFL well, if I was anything like my character, our conversations would be a little more detailed. *coughs* You do need to pick up TDD and hurry and read it!

    Chellyreads- I would definitely recommend giving TLS a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great giveaway Can't wait to read this one Thank you for the chance :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels