Mundie Moms

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Here It IS...........

The wait is finally over! The cover for COFA has been revealed.

Here's what Cassie said,
"As promised earlier, the cover for City of Fallen Angels is now up over at Entertainment Weekly's Shelf Life! There's also an excerpt from the first chapter of the book.

I've always loved the covers Cliff Neilson has done for the MI series. Each one is fun and different in its own right. For the "second cycle" of The Mortal Instruments we wanted to do something that would link the cover aesthetically to the earlier covers while having a different quality that announced that this was a new chapter in these characters' lives. We decided that each of the Second Cycle covers is going to have two characters on it — in this case Clary and Simon."

Cassie mentions the little details like Clary's green eyes and the M ring she wears around her neck.

Here's a teaser from the excerpt quoted from EW, "Simon glanced toward the window. It was a brisk night, and the wind was blowing leaves across Second Avenue like handfuls of thrown confetti. There was a girl walking down the street, a girl in a tight belted trench coat, with long black hair that flew in the wind. People turned to watch her as she walked past. Simon had looked at girls like that before in the past, idly wondering where they were going, who they were meeting. Not guys like him, he knew that much.

Except this one was. The bell on the diner’s front door rang as the door opened, and Isabelle Lightwood came in. She smiled when she saw Simon, and came toward him, shrugging off her coat and drap- ing it over the back of the chair before she sat down. Under the coat she was wearing one of what Clary called her “typical Isabelle out- fits”: a tight short velvet dress, fishnet stockings, and boots. There was a knife stuck into the top of her left boot that Simon knew only he could see; still, everyone in the diner was watching as she sat down, flinging her hair back. Whatever she was wearing, Isabelle drew attention like a fireworks display.

Beautiful Isabelle Lightwood. When Simon had met her, he’d as- sumed she’d have no time for a guy like him. He’d turned out to be mostly right. Isabelle liked boys her parents disapproved of, and in her universe that meant Downworlders—faeries, werewolves, and vamps. That they’d been dating regularly for the past month or two amazed him, even if their relationship was limited mostly to infre- quent meetings like this one. And even if he couldn’t help but wonder, if he’d never been changed into a vampire, if his whole life hadn’t been altered in that moment, would they be dating at all?" (quoted from EW)


Read the COFA excerpt here!

What do you guys think?

15 comments:

  1. My first impression was that I wasn't liking Clary. She looks rather old. I thought she was supposed to be young looking for her age. And have freckles. But when I asked Cassie she said the model is 16 so I’m just being incredibly nitpicky probably! My second impression is that I really do like it! I love the excerpt, too. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing cover...I don't stand the wait! I need it now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It just made me more anxious for it and I'm glad Simon gets a cover even though I'm all team Jace! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! I think it's great!!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG !I love it !But I can't open the link for the excerpt ! well ,the page opens but do not shows anything .Tragic .Somebody can ,please ,I don't know ,put the excerpt on the post ,or ,show another link where I can read it ? THANKS !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you guys. I can't wait for April!

    Juliana- That's weird it's not working. Here's what it takes you too when you click on the excerpt here- http://www.ew.com/ew/special/0,,20449180,00.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Juliana if that still doesn't work go on to (http://mundiesource.net/wpd/2010/12/14/city-of-fallen-angels-cover-cookies/) That link and it's there. I had the same problem,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks !I get it .I read the escerpt ! YAAAY Õ/ !haha .Izzy in all her shadow-hunter-from-Idris glamour (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE IT!!! I have blogged it and can't wait for the book even more now....its quite torturous waiting..lol!! But have lots in my TBR pile to keep me all warm and cozy. Well done!! So glad Simon made it to a cover. I love Simon and his humour. Can't wait to see what Jace's face will eventually look like:) Clary is gorgeous, just how I thought she would look:D

    When I eventually get my book I will be ripping that envelope open..rip...rip...rip!! lol!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it!! So AMAZING! Love the Excerpt! I think that it is so neat that Clary and Simon are on the cover!! Seriously can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know a few others were having problems reading the excerpt, so we've quoted the whole excerpt. :) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so awesome and the EXCERPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANNOT . WAIT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simon!! I'm so excited to see more of my favorite character.

    The cover is gorgeous. Now I just wish CoFA was coming out sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, love it! Its' so... GOLDEN!! he he :-)

    ReplyDelete

Labels