Mundie Moms

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Our Favorite Reads for 2010- Couples, Love Triangles & Hot Scenes

This week we've enjoyed sharing our Favorite 2010 Books. So far we've shared with you our favorite series, our favorite debut authors and today we thought we do something fun and share who our favorite couples from 2010.

Of course we couldn't do that and not include our favorite love triangles and then of course that lead Sophie & I to banter back and forth about our favorite HOT scene. Don't worry, we'll share our favorite hot scenes, but you'll have to excuse the emails that went on between us, as I've included some of our dialogue below.


Our Favorite Couples from 2010:


















1) Ren & Calla from Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
2) Megan & Ash from The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
3) Anna & St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
4) Ethan & Lena from Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
5) Cabel & Janie from GONE by Lisa McMann




Our Favorite Love Triangles From 2010:

















1) Will- Tessa- Jem from Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
2) Ren- Calla- Shay from Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
3) Will- Jacinda- Cassian from Firelight by Sophie Jordan
4) Nick- Mae- Alan from The Demon's Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan
5) Spyder- Sienna - Deni from Sea by Heidi R Kling




Our Favorite HOT Scenes from 2010:


















S - You wanted to talk about Hot Scenes? Or should I say "hawt" scenes because we all know what you mean, right? I'm thinking of Syd and North in Alex Bracken's BRIGHTLY WOVEN. You know the moment when she helps him get dressed for battle and he leaves but then...holymoly...HE COMES BACK for that incredible nowayhedidntjustcomeback moment. Okay, it was a kiss....

K- That was a hot scene, but I'm talking Paris. Lush green grass. St. Claire and Anna from Stephanie Perkins' Anna and the French Kiss. You know the scene. No it's not what you're thinking. My modern day Mr Darcy would never do something like that.

S - Okay, I'll raise you the Grass in Paris moment and I'm going to do what Sophies do best. *raises her eyebrow* I'm going to go down low...all the way to the cellar. How can you NOT bring up the kiss between Sophie and Archer in HEX HALL by Rachel Hawkins???? I mean, oh let me just quote from page 286: "His lips trailed from mine to my throat and I closed my eyes and let my head tip back against the wall as I slid my hands inside his shirt..."

K- *snort* NOTHING can top Andrea Cremer's Nightshade scene with Ren and Calla in the bathroom! You know the one where..... *excuse me I think I need to go re-read it* Get your mind out of the gutter. It's not what you're thinking, but it's... is it hot in here?!

S - *fans Katie with CLOCKWORK ANGEL which gets a good breeze stirred up* So *glances at CA's cover* let's talk about IT. You know HolyHolyWaterKiss??? Will...*shakes head*...he kinda had me with these words (page 291, no Katie, I don't have that page memorized) , "God in Heaven, " he whispered. "What was that?" I'm such a sucker for those Shadowhunter boys.

K- I can only imagine what the scene would do to you if you pictured BinBons as Will *snickers* Cassandra Clare definitely has the best hot scenes. I'll raise you Clockwork Angel for City of Glass page.... oh wait, wrong year. DANG IT! That's a good scene too. Nothing says hotter than a mansion that's blown up, a shadowhunter, rocks under your back and well you know the scene. You know what's as hot as a Holy Water Kiss? One that's between a draki hunter and a draki! You know the one in Sophie Jordan's Firelight with Will and Jacinda. Oh wait, there's more than one. Let me go find the one I'm talking about and ignore the fact that it "might" take me awhile, as I might accidently find myself reading the whole book again.

S - While you're doing that...*grabs Sarah Rees Brennan's DEMON'S COVENANT* ummm, I remember another scene on a counter....(page 186) "Suddenly she was flat on her back on the kitchen counter, one leg wrapped around Alan's good leg, one of Alan's hands cradling the back of her head as he kept kissing her, exploratory, his lips lingering over hers even as his breath came harsh in her ears." *sigh* Nerdy guys do try harder, Alan, they do. And I'm a GeekGirl at heart.

K- Huh. I forgot to mention the other part of the Firelight love triangle.. I don't need a counter when I have an ally way and the smokey voiced Cassian. Not to give away an spoilers as to what is going on.... "I stare up at him. The immensity of him, a looming wall. Well over six feet. I forgot about his size. His sheer presence. Somehow, with time and distance, here in the human world, he had shrank in my mind. Now I get all over again why he's the leading onyx of my pride. Second in command only to his father."

S- *lost in deep thought while reading The Iron Daughter*

K- I know how much you love Julie Kagawa's broken Prince of the Winter Court's kissy scenes. I can only guess which ONE you're reading. *dangles picture of BinBons in front of S* Thinking of Prince Ash are we!?!

S- *grabs a Kleenex* He just said, "Don't ask me to do this again." And it broke my heart all over again.

K- Let me remind you what happens in The Iron Queen. Oh wait! Jace will heal your broken Prince Ash heart from that teaser Cassie posted a few weeks ago. You remember the one.....

"He reached past her before she could say anything, and yanked open the elevator gate. "I love you, Clary," he said, without looking at her. He was staring out into the church, at the rows of lighted candles, their gold reflected in his eyes. "More than I ever-" He broke off. "God. More than I most likely should. You know that don't you?"

She stepped outside the elevator and turned to face him. There were a thousand things she wanted to say, but he was already looking away from her, pushing the button that would bring the elevator back up to the Institute floors. She started to protest, but the elevator was already moving, the doors closing behind it as it rattled it's way back up. They shut with a click and she stared at them for a moment; the Angel was painted on their surface, wings outspread, eyes raised. They Angel was painted on everything.

Her voice echoed harshly in the empty room when she spoke.
"I love you too," she said."

K- Oh wait, that's not out until next year. I guess we'll pick this up on April 5th!
Nothing tops the elevator scene and don't ruin it for me. I know it's a teaser and I'm sure Cassie is going to rip my heart out in City of Fallen Angels, but I'll enjoy every moment of it.


Who are some of your favorite couples, favorite love triangles or favorite hot scenes from this year?

18 comments:

  1. Uuuh! How about Isabelle and Cole from Linger by Maggie Stiefvater? They're definitely one of my favorite couples! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree! Our lists are huge, but we had to narrow it down to 5 per list or else our post would have been way too big. I do love Cole and Isabelle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the best ever, Katie!!! Thank you for letting me have fun with it and you!! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm heading back to the cellar or *looks around at the snowy mountains* perhaps I'll head outside and wait for Ash to show up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha so funny, I just finished laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely have to get around to reading these! I must say I'm quite partial to the Ky-Cassia couple from Matched. Even though it may not be hothothot, I still thought their interactions sizzled.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh that sure warmed up the morning ;)
    Thanx ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! *sigh* *sigh* AND *sigh*... I love reading about these scenic trips to SOUTH CAROLINA (the ones I've read never make it but there are still sequels...*winks* sorry couldn't resist)

    I too am VERY worried about bawling my eyes out while CC stomps all over my heart in COFA, but I will die smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was great! I have soooo many favourites from this year but one hot scene which most definitely deserves to be on the list is Jay and Violet from Kimberly Derting's The Body Finder. I'm betting you don't need me to tell you which bit (sigh). Now that was HAWT!! I am going to go reread some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey!

    Do you have any poll where I could vote for my favorite post of the year? If so, THIS is it!:)

    It was really fun and complex:it made me consider reading some of the books I didn't have the chance to read and remember how much I loved the characters from the ones I've already read. HAWT indeed!:D *grabs the books to reread those scenes*

    Xo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your sweet words and recommendations!!! I'm sure I can twist Katie's arm to do this kind of post again!! We left a bunch out but we just couldn't name them all!!!!!! So wish we could. That's a vlog for sure. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you guys loved this. Sophie and I had a lot of fun with this post. LOL

    Andrea- YAY!! Nightshade deserves to be on all of our lists. :)

    Logan- I agree about Ky & Cassia! I love that couple too.

    Booknerd- I wish we could have made a huge list, but I was worried it would have been too long. That's a great couple to add to our list!

    Deea- Thank you so much for the HUGE compliment!!!

    Sophie- THANK YOU for all the laughs in putting this together!

    Thank you to everyone for all your great comments! They mean a lot to us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This post was so funny! It was the highlight of my morning!

    You guys should really read the Maximum Ride series. They are absolutely amazing! Not to mention, there are some definite hot scenes in those...

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all excellent. One of my favorite couples that I didn't see in here is Rose and Dimitri from The Vampire Academy series.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys are so cute. Love the commentary!

    ReplyDelete

Labels