Mundie Moms

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday- Getting To Know You, MM's Admin Addition

With the start of the year, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for you to get to know the Mundie Moms Admin Team. These ladies are truly amazing and I appreciate everything they do to make Mundie Moms what it is, and I'm excited for you to get to know them better.

She's our AdminPR and you may have gotten to know her on Twitter, read her reviews & Twitter Tuesday & other posts here on the blog, chatted with her on our forum or talked to her on facebook. I'm in constant awe of how this mama of 3 juggles being a mom, constantly keeping up with all we have going on and still finds time to bake every day! I'd like to introduce you to Sophie!! Here's a picture of Sophie with her 3 kiddos-























OOPS! Sorry, those are not the pictures she sent. Apparently I misplaced her picture and instead have a few of her favorite fictional characters. *snickers* Not that BinBons is fictional by any means. Now that Sophie will kill me, I'll go ahead and introduce you to her-

How would you describe yourself in 2 sentences or less?
I'm a former exec of a Fortune 500 company who loves being a SAHM to three kids and one fluffy dog. I'm also a wife of seventeen years to a man who really could be a fictional character. I mean that in a good way (in case he is reading this). ;]

Who's your favorite TMI or ID character and why?
I cannot choose just one. Let's see, hmmmm, in TMI it would have to be Jace. All that snark wrapped up in a rune-filled, sexy, angsty package. Look no further than the cover of CITY OF BONES. See what I mean? Picture that saying, "Close your eyes and think of England..."

And for ID, well, I love both Will and Jem but I'm going to go with Jessamine. I adore her character. She doesn't want the life she's been trained for but in a pinch, she'll come to your aid with that lethal parasol. We would be fast friends for sure!

If you could have any rune, which one would you pick and why?
Fearless. I'm a Type-A mama, so in my mind there are so many things that can/will/do go wrong on a daily basis. I'd love to just not think about them and be a little more fearless like I used to be before I had kids.

If had to choose only one book to take with you somewhere, which book would that be?
The Mortal Instruments, of course. It's a series...so ummm, it COULD be thought of as one book. Kinda.

What was your favorite book to read growing up?
I loved HALF MAGIC by Edward Eager, the MARY POPPINS series by P.L. Travers and of course, THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA by C.S. Lewis.

What author got your interested in reading?
See the above books but also Laura Ingalls Wilder, L.M. Montgomery and later Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, Margaret Mitchell and oh so many more.

If you could spend the day with a fictional character, who would it be and why? (remember this is a family friendly site so you have to keep it clean *coughs*)
Okay, okay, it's too hard a question, I mean I should pick a clad-in-black Shadowhunter, a Sparklepyre or my beloved Mr. Darcy but for a day of pure adventure, intermittent use of the latest gadgetry (did I mention I was a Geek Mama?), a drive in a fast car and a martini -- shaken not stirred -- I choose Ian Fleming's James Bond. Not the movie one, but the book version. Yes, I have a thing for spies. Doesn't everyone?? When you have a chance, read the Fleming stories, you'll know immediately what I loved about them.

Aside from reading, what do you enjoy doing on your down time?
I love photography, writing my family blog (so I'm four months behind, I'll catch up soon) and on occasion, writing down the adventures of a few fictional characters that pop up in my head.

Who's the most memorable author you've met? (I know this is an unfair question. Pick more than one if you'd like)
I was lucky enough to interview Robert B. Parker (the Spenser series and oh so many more) for a college assignment. We met in a diner. He wore a leather jacket, bought me a cup of coffee and a slice of pie. We talked for two hours. I learned more from him in that short amount of time than I did in some of my semester-long classes.

Just for kicks, what boy band music do you secretly still listen to (don't lie) lol?
The Jackson 5. "A-B-C easy as 1-2-3..." Are you singing with me??

Thank you Sophie for indulging me with this interview! Now I'll be waiting for your phone call. LOL

11 comments:

  1. That song will be stuck in my head all. day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, great interview and answers! =D Team Jace WOOT WOOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the family photos. *snicker* ;) I second what Saundra said. *hums A-B-C*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure she'll enjoy the pictures as much as she'll want to kill me for posting them. LOL
    I'm sure we'll all be singing that song now. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can I hate you, MundieMoms/MundieKids (i.e. KatieB) when you post not one but TWO pictures of Ben Barnes and then tag on a Colin-Firth-as-Darcy pic?? LOL. But you know what they say about revenge, eh?? Thank you for some really fun questions and a chance for me to be, you know, myself. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Revenge is so bitter sweet. LOL That was getting you back for my birthday post. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this great peek into what makes Sophie, Sophie! Awesome. And no, I will NOT sing that song with you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great... I have that song stuck in my head AND I have to watch Prince Caspian & Dorian Gray (for the millionth time!) LOVED this post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think MMs, I was thinking of that other saying...LOL..."revenge is a dish better served cold..." ROTFL!!

    Heather, thanks, darlin'. Are you sure you won't sing it??? I know you know the words...

    Anaiz, I'm telling you I could prolly host a Ben Barnes Marathon...if you haven't watched "Easy Virtue" be sure to check it out. Colin Firth plays his father in that one. And the movie is really quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the interview but I also loved the pictures of Ben Barnes so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BookMonster - I couldn't have said it better myself re: Mr. Barnes. *winks*

    ReplyDelete

Labels