Mundie Moms

Sunday, February 20, 2011

This Week's Features & In My Mailbox

I'm switching gears and instead of just posting about what we received in our mailbox each week, I'm also going to combine a new feature we've been talking about doing on Mundie Moms. Our Weekly Feature will list some of the things we'll have on Mundie Moms for the coming week, like reviews, author chats, interviews etc (which are also listed on our right hand side bar).

This Week's Happenings-
THANK YOU to everyone for all your support for Cassie's COFA chapter hunt and our 2nd Birthday Bash!!! Last week has a crazy busy week and a lot of fun. Thank you to everyone who joined our fun chat with Shannon Delany, Max and Pietr this past Thursday night!.

This week we'll be sharing our interview with Lisa McMann, and announcing our winners for Cyer's Cross, our Birthday Bash and the City of Fallen Angels!

This week we will be chatting with-
* Ally Carter on Tuesday the 22nd at 8 pm CST here on the blog
* Julie Kagawa on Thursday the 24th at 8 pm CST here on the blog

On Tuesday, we will be part of 5 bloggers who will be revealing the cover of Sophie Jordan's Vanish!! More details will come...

Last week I ended up moving two reviews around and one will be this week and one next week This week we will be reviewing-

* Mad Love by Suzanne Selfors
* The Heist Society by Ally Carter
* Secrets and Shadows by Shannon Delany
* Griffin Rising by Darby Karchut
* Father of Lies by Anne Turner
* Mieradome by Kate O'Hegarty



In My Mailbox- (In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren where we share what books we've received through out the week either for review, that we purchased, borrowed or were gifted. This week I've combined our MG and YA books.)
I had to show off my new bookends that arrived this week! I found them on Amazon, via Smash Attacks Reads here. She has a fabulous weekly feature called Friday Finds, Owl Edition. I couldn't resist getting them.

For Review-
* Where She Went by Gayle Forman, published by Dutton Juvenile, to be released on April 5th, 2011.
* What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen, published by Penguin, to be released on May 10th, 2011.
* Lens and Looker by Lory S Kaufman, published by The Fiction Studio, to be released on March 16th, 2011
* Moon Spell (The Tale of Lunarmorte #1) by Samantha Young, published by CreateSpace, to be released on March 1st, 2011
* River Cast (The Tale of Lunarmorte #2) by Samantha Young, published by Createspace, to be released on March 21st, 2011.

Bought-
* Secrets and Shadows by Shannon Delany
* Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann (for signing)

I have to share something that I am so excited about, as this was a total surprise to me. If you have a copy of Secrets and Shadows, you'll find listed in Shannon's acknowledgements three Mundie Moms! I'm honored to be named with two other fabulous Mundie Moms, Alyson, Carla and myself.
I am still totally shocked to see my name in there! THANK YOU Shannon!!

Thank you to Penguin, Samantha Young and The Fiction Studio for this weeks fantastic reads. What goodies did you receive this week?

7 comments:

  1. Wow, great mailbox! I can't wait until What Happened to Goodbye is released. I love Sarah Dessen's books, they never disappoint. Congrats on the acknowledgements, that's awesome! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome mailbox! I'm super jealous you got What Happened To Goodbye! I really, really want that one! Where She Went was very good. I loved reading Adam's POV. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Happened to Goodbye looks like it's going to be really good.I'm hoping to get a copy of that one too! Also, congrats on the shout out in Secrets and Shadows!That is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books! Enjoy reading!

    If interested My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys totally deserve a mention in a lot of books. If it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have found a fraction of the books I'm reading. Thanks again.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna- Thank you! What Happened to Goodbye looks so good and I'm looking forward to reading it.

    Just Your Typical Book Blog- I've heard nothing but great things about Where She Went. I'm excited to read it.

    Mandy- Thank you so much!!!

    Katie- Great IMM!

    Jennifer- Thank you for that huge compliment!!! :D We enjoy talking books and spreading the word about the books we love.

    ReplyDelete

Labels