Mundie Moms

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Cassandra Clare's Top 12 Favorite Reads (via B&N)

Today Barnes and Noble (on line) released a fantastic list of books. These books are the top 12 favorite reads from one of our favorite authors, Cassandra Clare! Here's Cassie's top 12 favorite reads-




































Here's the order in which Cassie listed her books:

White Cat by Holly Black
Sunshine by Robin McKinley
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
The Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
Beka Cooper by Tamora Pierce
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
Book of a Thousand Tales by Shannon Hale
Dangerous Angels by Francesca Lia Block
Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon
Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves

Be sure to visit the Barnes and Noble to order the books and watch Cassie's video- http://tinyurl.com/4zsefbe

We're very excited about some of these picks, as we agree with Cassie, they're fantastic reads! We are planning on featuring some of these titles in our Book Of The Month Club. Since we've already featured some of the titles, we will be featuring their sequels when they're released.

12 comments:

  1. I love it when authors recommend books. I was so happy to see Shannon Hale's Book of a Thousand Days on the list. It's one of my favorite books ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy- I agree! I love Shannon's books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting! I actually haven't read any of these :) I did read the prequel to Dead Tossed Waves, the Forest of Hands and Teeth. I will have to get around to DTW soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! More books to add to my already massive "to read" list. Which is not, exactly, a bad thing :).

    I'm SO glad to see Francesca Lia Block's "Dangerous Angels" series on here. It has been my favourite series of books since I was 13, and over ten years later, I still re-read them several times a year.

    Also, I just bought The Forest of Hands and Teeth on a whim a few days ago, so I'm glad to see it on here too! I haven't started it yet, but now I definitely will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only one I have read there is The Replacement which was very good. I need to get my hands on some more of them as they appear to be promising reads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this list. I must, must must get Anna and The French-have such good things about it. Everything else, I am with Cassandra on all the other titles. Way cool on listening to her explain each book, so huge thanks for sharing that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. er, Anna and the French Kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keri- I need to read The Replacement. I've heard good things about it.

    Lauren- I know! I'm trying to be good about buying books, but I couldn't help myself last night after seeing this list.

    Deb- It is an awesome book! It was one of our top 10 favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE TAMORA PIERCE!! I am soo glad that other authors are recogonizing Tamora and her books!I love the Beka Cooper series and am desperately waiting for the third book MASTIFF to come out Nov. 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought Beka Cooper and I can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The book is great! And just so you know... I LOVE ROSTO!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I picked up The Replacement, by Brenna Yovanoff and absolutely could not put it down! What I think really drew me in was that it was told from a boy's point of view and in his first person. It makes you love him alllll the more, because of awkward he is, how shy, and flat out how sweet Mackie is.

    Its dark, and a bit scary. I love love love love love it, and actually cried when it was over. I didn't want it to end! I would love for it to be continued, but the author does a great job with the way everything ends. Its beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Labels