Mundie Moms

Monday, March 7, 2011

Mundane Monday #74

Happy Mundane Monday! Oh how we've missed Jace & Clary! Have a great Monday!

"I lied," he said. "Demons lie, Clary. You know, there are some kinds of wounds you can get when you're a shadowhunter-internal injuries from demon poison. You don't even know what's wrong with you, but you're bleeding to death slowly inside. That's what it's like, just being your brother."

"But Aline-"

"I had to try. And I did." His voice was lifeless. "But God knows, I don't want anyone but you. I don't even want to want anyone but you." He reached out, trailed his fingers lightly through her hair, finger tips brushing her cheek. "Now at least I know why."

Clary's voice had sunk to a whisper. "I don't want anyone but you, either."

She was rewarded by the catch in his breathing. Slowly he drew himself up onto his elbows. Now he was looking down at her, and his expression had changed- there was a look on his face she'd never seen before, a sleepy, almost deadly light in his eyes. He let his fingers trail down her check to her lips, outlining the shape of her mouth with the tip of a finger. "You should probably," he said, "tell me not to do this."

-City of Glass, page 209

11 comments:

  1. I love the drawing and can't wait for City of Fallen Angels!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww..so cute! I don't want anyone but you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh*!You should probably tell us not to read this because we will be distracted all day....J+C...nothing better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cari- We love Kara's artwork! She's amazing.

    Precious- I love that line!

    Sophie- This was just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that bit! Its one of my favourite scenes from the whole series. Thanks for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. iiiihhhhh, that quote saved my day ;)
    one of my favourit parts.
    'I don't want anyone but you. I don't even want to want anyone but you.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes me want to melt every time I read it! This reminder was much needed!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the Wayland Manor Part! I love this part!! Thanks for posting such a great Mundane Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my favorite scenes from CoG too. It's a fabulous quote. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. *sigh* way to make my insides melt!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely awesome quote. i think its a perfect representation of Jace & Clary. How much they love each other and can't have each other. So much tension! Cassandra Clare is so evil for making us believe these horrible things!! I literally yelled NOOOOOO!!!! at the end of CoB.

    Drawing is awesome by the way. I love how they captured Jace & Clary perfeactly! thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Labels