Mundie Moms

Friday, March 11, 2011

Penguin Book News

WOW there's a lot of awesome book news today. This will be a long post, but so worth reading it! I am so excited about these upcoming releases!

Ally Condie revealed the cover to her sequel, CROSSED! Talk about an empowering cover!

It’s beautiful.

Perfect.

I love the way she has shattered the bubble and is breaking free. LOVE. It’s exactly what happens in this part of Cassia’s story.

And I love the color. (And yes, for those of you who asked, the green cover of MATCHED and the blue cover of CROSSED do represent the tablets, as well as other thematic elements in the books.)

The model, photographer, and designer are the same talented people who worked on MATCHED and I think they’ve done an incredible job.

Don’t you?

Oh, I can’t wait for November 1!

_________________________

Stephanie Perkins has revealed her new cover for Lola and the Boy Next Door, which will be released on Sept. 29th.I am so excited to dive back into Stephanie's books.

In this companion novel to Anna and the French Kiss, two teens discover that true love may be closer than they think.
For budding costume designer Lola Nolan, the more outrageous the outfit—more sparkly, more fun, more wild—the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins move back into the house next door.

When the family returns and Cricket—a gifted inventor and engineer—steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.
____________________________________

Andrea Cremer revealed the covers to both the Nightshade and Wolfsbane's paperback covers (Nightshade pb will be available in June). I LOVE the hard copy covers, and I really like the new covers. I really like that both the hard and paperbacks have different covers. I think the new covers will appeal to readers who haven't yet picked up the series. Here's what Andrea-


















Penguin decided to try out a fresh take on NIGHTSHADE for the paperback release and I absolutely love it. I also loved the original cover, but I think the new cover truly embodies the novel and depicts Calla so perfectly. When I was first mulling over NIGHTSHADE I came across a poem by Margaret Atwood (one of my favorite authors)* and was struck by its first stanza:

Not you I fear, but that other

She who can walk through flesh

Queen of the two dimensions

These lines reflected the essence of Calla and were the inspiration for this new cover. I love it!

The response to the new NIGHTSHADE cover as it was previewed was so positive that Penguin has decided to makeover the series with this new theme. Squee!!! Thus I'm also able to share....

I am enthralled by how powerful Calla is in this image and the way she resembles a wolf silhouetted by the moon is exquisite. Calla would love this cover (as would Ren and Shay *cough*).

9 comments:

  1. Love the new cover. It fits my view of Calla better. It is way hot. I bet the series picks up even more male readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy all of the covers. Sometimes changing a cover opens up doors for untapped marketing areas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing the cover announcements Mundie Moms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous- I agree!

    LM Preston- I agree with you. I think the new covers will appeal to both fans and those who've yet read the series.

    Andrea- You are so welcome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lola and the Boy Next Door is just too cute and adorable! I like the color choice for Crossed and the super intenseness of the new covers for Nightshade and Wolfsbane too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOLA!!! I can hardly wait for that book!! But oh my, the Nightshade/Wolfsbane covers are definitely how I pictured Calla. Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing my favorite color on the cover of Crossed and am looking forward to finding out what'll happen next in Cassia's life!

    For some reason, I like the Nightshade and Wolfsbane covers better than the ones on the hardbacks. Guess I'll have to pick up a copy of the paperbacks when they release, too.

    Looking forward to getting my hands on Lola, too. Thanks for the book news! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the covers. I have NIGHTSHADE and can't wait to read it. Can't wait for the sequel to Matched too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the new covers nightshade was a very good book can't wait to read wolfbane. I like the new color too looks very cool :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels