Mundie Moms

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Seelie Court Scene from Jace's POV

"The Seelie Kiss" - artwork by burdge-bug

For those of us who adore Jace, it simply doesn't get any better than this. What, you ask?? Well, Cassie promised her fans a special treat when she reached twenty-five thousand twitter followers and boy oh boy, did she come through...it's Jace's P.O.V. during the Seelie Court scene. Oh, I know that you are very familiar with that scene.

Here's a tiny bit and then a link to Cassie's post:
“I know that I will not leave my sister here in your Court,” said Jace, “and since there is nothing to be learned from either her or myself, perhaps you could do us the favor of releasing her?”

The Queen smiled. It was a beautiful, terrible smile. The Queen was a lovely woman; she had that inhuman loveliness that faeries did, that was more like the loveliness of hard crystal that the beauty of a human. The Queen did not look any particular age: she could have been sixteen or forty-five. Jace supposed there were those who would have found her attractive — people had died for love of the Queen — but she gave him a cold feeling in his chest, as if he’d swallowed ice water too fast. “What if I told you she could be freed by a kiss?”


I know you need want the rest so here you go.

Don't forget to stop by and see the Director's Cut (read: unedited DSAS) here on Monday. It may be Spring elsewhere but it's a hot weekend in Mundie Mom Land.

6 comments:

  1. I just happened upon this excerpt and all I can say it wow. It was great rereading this scene from Jace's POV. Ever fan of the Mortal Instruments series needs to read this now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Jan- WOW is right!! Awesome! THANK YOU Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan - LOL. So true and why we posted it here, on our Forum and on our facebook page, too. No way to miss it!

    MMs - It's so, so, so Jace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jace so much!! Bless him. This makes it even worse when Clary refuses him later :( I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um I can't get to the page! I keep clicking on the link but it says page not found! Does anyone know what I can do??

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHH it wont open! it says error 404 not found

    ReplyDelete

Labels