Mundie Moms

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Cassie and Holly On Tour - Kepler's in Menlo Park, CA



I attended Kepler's signing in Menlo Park last night and this time I brought my kids. They were especially eager to meet Holly because two out of three have read The Spiderwick Chronicles. See, the picture above? My youngest remarked that, "Even Holly's shoes were magical." Indeed.

What a fun, informative gathering. The folks at Kepler's were beautifully organized and kept the line moving but made sure that every single person had a chance to chat with Cassie and Holly. As for any information gathered, well, here are a few tidbits:

- Cassie met with "City of Bones" movie people this past week. And no, they have not cast Jace yet but are down to a "few candidates."
- We can look forward to a contemporary novel from Cassie, but only after she finshes City of Heavenly Fire, which will be released in 2013.
- Holly has turned in Black Heart to her publishers and is working on a middle grade novel. But she hopes to come back to the world of the Curseworkers after that.


I had a chance to stop and talk to Lisa Desrochers (pictured above) author of Personal Demons (here's the link to my review , er, love letter to her Luc) and I also met Sandy from Sunny Books, who loves Hot Boys with Swords as much as I do.

I hope my posts will encourage you to catch Cassie's and Holly's tour if it comes any where near your area. I guarantee that you will still be grinning days later at what they said and the people you met. Now, I'm off to finish Red Glove. I only have three chapters left...I know you can feel my anxiety at that thought, MMs.

12 comments:

  1. Sigh! u.u I wish I lived in the States. At least I can read about all those great tours. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Cassie and Holly!!! I wish I could have been there with you! Kepler's!! One of these days I will get to visit that made of awesome book store. Yay for Lisa D! Thank you so much for sharing all the tour awesomeness Sophie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tempe - This was my very first time meeting them and they are everything you imagine and more. Their friendship shows through and their silly moments make you laugh even harder. This was a special treat for me because very few book tours come through where I live. Driving to the Bay Area was worth it.

    MMs - To have you there would've been a blast!!!!!!! You would adore the staff at both Kepler's and Books Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a great time meeting them too for the first time!! I felt like a fifteen year old :D

    I did drive around quite a bit too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vivi - I know the feeling all too well. And did you see that beautiful CA pendant of yours??? I had on my Jace Spinner ring. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michele (CanadianTwiMom)April 14, 2011 at 10:42 AM

    That's awesome!! Thanks for sharing those pics!! Your girls look pretty excited to meet them too Sophie!! Great pics of you all!! I LOVED meeting them both back in November!! I hope they come through Toronto again soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so fun meeting everyone! (especially you, Sophie!) =) Yesterday I posted my OMG moment with Cassie. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa - It was an awesome night!! And I loved your post and commented on it. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michele - Thanks for the comment. Yes, my DDs and DS (who's not pictured) were very excited to meet Holly. DS had a convo about who would win in a fight -- Thimbletack vs. Jareth?? LOL. He will remember that always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh boy...the end of Red Glove is so good! Enjoy. I really wanted to re-read both White Cat and Red Glove just as soon as I put down Red Glove.
    TheDiaryofaBookworm.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rhiannon - I may have downloaded both audiobooks thanks to an iTunes gift card I received. Tonight, I have a date with Cassel and those last few chapters.

    ereader89 - They both wore adorable shoes on both nights.

    ReplyDelete

Labels