Mundie Moms

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Wings Read Along- Chapters 8-11

Welcome to Day 3 in our Wings Read Along! If you haven't already, please be sure to download your FREE ebook of Wings from one of these sites here- Today we're talking about Chapters 8-11

Chapter 8- Laurel meets Tamani. I love this chapter! I really liked the description of the woods that Laurel goes into. I loved it when Tamani and Laurel meet, as I sensed (I've read this a few times, but I wording this so I don't give away spoilers), that both of them have met before and may have a history together. What are your thoughts about Tamani and Laurel? How would you have reacted if you were in Laurel's position and just found out you were a fairy?

Chapter 9-Laurel tells David. Can I be honest and say that I think it's weird that David is so relaxed over Laurel telling him she's a flower. Either he's really a cool, laid back guy or there's something else about him. Or maybe I've read too many books with character twists lately and I'm being very cynical toward's David. What do you guys think about his reaction?

Chapter 10 & 11- Laurel realizes she's not human. I have to say I do like David, even though I keep thinking he's going to have a character twist about him. I like that he's interested in helping Laurel find out who she is. How would you react if you found out you really aren't human?

3 comments:

  1. Ch. 8. I loved it when she met Tamani and I felt that he had so much to tell her. I just wish she had hung around for it. She was so freaked out by what he said she really refused to listen. I wanted to know more from Tamani, so her running away was a bit frustrating.

    Ch. 9. I expected David to be a bit more freaked out by Laurel's news. So far he has been entirely too calm and too willing to accept the impossible.

    Ch. 10 & 11. I think it would be pretty disturbing to find out you aren't human. Once you get used to the idea it might be okay, but at first it is really going to freak you out. Who knows how you even go about accepting a fact like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chapter 8. I loved this chapter too. I fell for Tamani right away, he's very charming. I wanted to hear more of what he had to say to Laurel, I can't wait to find out what's the history/how he knows her. I sense he likes her ? I SHIP IT.

    I don't know how I would have reacted. Maybe like Laurel I would have stormed out of there, but I think I would have gone back to hear the whole story, curiosity usually gets the best of me.

    Chapter 9. I think David's reaction is odd too. But I think that's because: 1) he likes Laurel too much, 2) he's super geeky and his interested is bigger than his fear and 3)he might be one of those people who has waited his entire life for something to prove him the impossible exists, I hope I'm making sense, that's the way I'm looking at his character. Also I'm starting to feel sorry for him, because of his love for Laurel and her "confusion"...

    Chapter 10 & 11. When I started reading I thought there was a twist about him too, but I'm slowly abandoning that theory, I don't know I just feel he might just be THAT calm.

    Well if I was in Laurel's position, I'd be terrified and having a mental breakdown. After a while I'd probably become excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chapter 8: Tamani definitely adds a new dynamic to the story- even with such a short amount of time spent on him (comparatively speaking.) He's intriguing. But I always get so caught up and devoted to the 'first guy' of any book that I have a hard time not feeling irritated by Tamani arousing feelings that should be belong to David?! Silly, I know. In this chapter, Tam just comes out of nowhere and lands as a shocking mystery.

    Chapter 9: I'm still pleased (and not really skeptical) about David's calm reactions. I like him. He likes her. He's a scientist, an analyst. He just sees it as nature's newest discovery...plants that are nearly human!

    Chapter 10 & 11: Maybe I'm being 'creepy calm' like David, or am not accurately remembering my emotions from my first reading, but I don't recall getting too hung up on the whole non-human thing. She still seems so human-like, David seems to love her regardless, I'm seeing it from the nothing really has to change or be different standpoint. I'd say the bump and blossom were more frightening than finally finding an explanation for their appearance! Of course I'm sure I'd be feeling differently if I were actually in Laurel's position myself. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete

Labels