Mundie Moms

Friday, April 15, 2011

Wings Read Along


Welcome to Day 4 in our Wings Read Along! If you haven't already, please be sure to download your FREE ebook of Wings from one of these sites here- yesterday I had some issues posting, well now the post is up and you can discuss chapters 8-11 with us HERE

Today we're talking about Chapters 12-14

Chapter 12- Laurel's blossom starts to fade away and she finally accepts that she's a fairy. I like David's comment, "There's always someone who secretly believes in myths and legends; or at least parts of them. Those are the people who will looks beyond the obvious and see things in this world that are truly wonderful." In high school did you believe any in myths or legends? If so, what?

Chapter 13- Tamani and Laurel. What do you guys think of Tamani? I'm really loving his character. He's a little snarky, and up front, and he has a lot of confidence with out being cocky. I like that. I liked finding out more about Laurel is. I like the spin Aprilynne has on her fairies making them plants. Based off what we know about the seasons and fairies, which type of fairy would you want to be?

Chapter 14- Laurel finds out that she's a scion and what she truly is in the fairy world. There's a lot of information in this chapter, not just with Laurel finding out more about herself and her "people", but she learns about how important the land is too, and why she is apart of the human world. What are your thoughts about everything we've read so far in this chapter? I'm really looking forward to finding out about the fairy world.

8 comments:

  1. Chapter 12. I have always been a lover of myths and legends. My favorite myths were always the Greek myths, but I was fascinated by others too. While I had an active imagination and loved to imagine those myths and legends being real, I was too much of a realist to really believe.

    Chapter 13. I have always been a big lover of both Spring and Fall, so it is really a toss up. I think I might prefer being a fall fairy though--I love how the leaves change color in fall and the whole mood of the season.

    Chapter 14. These chapters shed some wonderful light on Laurel's history, but didn't really tell us everything. I think there is more to come and I am really curious to find out more about Laurel's fairy past and what is really going on with the land--what wonderful secret are they protecting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chapter 12. I love how paused this book is, how she is going through different phases and truly changing her view on things. At first she was freaking out, then she was in denial and now she's finally accepting it, I like how the author is not rushing things just going little by little.

    I have never believed in any legends, but I sure love to read fantasy.

    Chapter 13. I LOVE TAMANI SO MUCH. I like how he can be arrogant but not in an exaggerated manner. He has the right touch of vulnerability and honesty and he just seems like such a great character, I REALLY want to know more about him and his story with Laurel, I like them together.

    I would like to be a Spring faerie because of the kind of powers they have. But if I had to choose just based on seasons I'd like to be a Winter or Fall faerie, those are my favorite seasons.


    Chapter 14. I thought the truth about her story was an incredibly twist, I was not expecting that at all, and I'm very curious about it. I want to find out more about the land and how things work with the fae. Pike's faeries are so different from the ones I have read about, I find it interesting how he choose to make them plants.

    I'm LOVING this book so far, I'm happy that I decided to join the read-along :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *she

    Apparently I can never write proper English!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nadinax, I am horrible at spelling. No worries :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. 12) Psh, I still believe in Faeries, and Nessie, our Underwater Ally.

    13) I am Team Tamani; I met him and I knew. David should end up with Chelsea.

    14) I think it's cool that Aprilynne is basing her Fae on Arthurian legends and not Shakespeare's plays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gabrielle- I agree to everything you said! I hope David ends up with Chelsea and Tamani and Laurel end up together too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @MundieMoms LOL, I feel better now :)

    @Gabrielle I agree with number 13 so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm WAY behind with my comments (I've had out of town guests all weekend), but I'm going to chime in anyway since while it's not my first time reading Wings, it IS my first time doing a read-along and in agreement with previous comments, I LOVE IT! (How's that for the world's longest sentence?!)

    12) David's comment TOTALLY makes me want to be a believe! But in continued repetition, I too read mostly fantasy but remain a realist. Unless of course you count Santa Claus, 'cuz even though I have a 3-year old I still go to sleep early on Christmas Eve and wake up to presents that appear overnight! <3

    13) At this point I started to really LOVE Tamani more and more. Gabrielle may be onto something brilliant! Then again, maybe Laurel can keep David and I'll take Tamani for myself! Will I seem shallow if I say that my first instinct is like Laurel's and I'd like to be a summer fairy? Summer is undoubtedly my favorite season and I love the idea of things that are fun and sparkly!!

    14) For some reason I haven't read a lot of "fairy" tales so Aprilynne's fae are probably what I'm most familiar with. I love that I can totally see myself growing an unusual bump any day now and realizing my true identity just like Laurel did! Completely feasible.

    ReplyDelete

Labels