Mundie Moms

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Twitter Tuesday - Malec Alternate POV Scene

Magnus & Alec by chelsea-bee

I'm hoping a few of you missed Cassie's tweet yesterday and that this will be a total surprise to you. I finally read it last night, after the kids were tucked in, and I had THE biggest grin on my face as I drifted off to sleep. The story behind this scene is that Cassie promised her fans that when she reached 30-thousand twitter followers, she'd write an alternate POV Magnus and Alec scene.

Well Cassie is, as usual, true to her word. Here's the opening:



It was printed on thin paper, nearly parchment, in a thin, elegant, spidery hand. It announced a gathering at the humble home of Magnus the Magnificent Warlock, and promised attendees “a rapturous evening of delights beyond your wildest imaginings.” —City of Bones


Standing in the stairwell of Magnus’ home, Alec stared at the name written under the buzzer on the wall. BANE. The name didn’t really seem to suit Magnus, he thought, not now that he knew him. If you could really be said to know someone when you’d attended one of their parties, once, and then they’d saved your life later but hadn’t really hung around to be thanked. But the name Magnus Bane made him think of a towering sort of figure, with huge shoulders and formal purple warlock’s robes, calling down fire and lightning. Not Magnus himself, who was more of a cross between a panther and a demented elf.

Alec took a deep breath and let it out. Well, he’d come this far; he might as well go on. The bare lightbulb hanging overhead cast sweeping shadows as he reached forward and pressed the buzzer.

A moment later a voice echoed through the stairwell. “WHO CALLS UPON THE HIGH WARLOCK?”

“Er,” Alec said. “It’s me. I mean, Alec. Alec Lightwood.”

5 comments:

  1. I was absolutely giddy when I read it yesterday. Ah, Alec and Magnus<3

    -Mocha from A Cupcake and a Latte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mocha Latte - It was adorable, especially that last line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I love Magnus and Alec! That scene was great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So do you think it means something that Alec has blue eyes? Or am I reading to much into it? But I did love it!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete

Labels