Mundie Moms

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Interview with Cryptic Cravings author, Ellen Schreiber

I am so excited to have Ellen on the blog today, and I'm really looking forward to meeting her tonight at The Dark Days of Supernatural Tour here in Austin, TX at Book People!


Congratulations on your recent release on book #8 in the Vampires Kisses series. Is there one character that you feel you've grown the most attached to through out the whole series? If so, who and why?
Thanks! Yes, Raven! I love to write about her and be her! She is so much fun and fearless that I look forward to running through the cemeteries and sneaking in places as her. She is really drawn to the dark and the mysterious and that makes for some really fun days and nights of writing

With having a large series, do you find it's hard to keep up with what all the characters are doing in each book?
In the latest one I did. There are a few I focus on at a time in each book. But now that there are so many they all want to have their day in the sun--or rather in their case sunset. :) I want to see all of them interacting and their stories grow, too, so I juggle them in at appropriate places.

In what ways are you and Raven a like?
We both knew what we wanted in high school. I wasn’t as outspoken as Raven and I wasn’t as brave. But I knew what I wanted to be and I wanted to explore that. I think people look down at teens sometimes like their mind with change with the wind. And very often teens know more about themselves and others than adults do. I wanted to explore that type of teen and celebrate her.

What YA book have you read as an adult do you wish you had read as a teen?
Franscesca Lia Block books. I love them--the upbeat ones. They are so flavorful and fun.

What is one release you're looking forward to reading this year?
Honestly, I don’t read when I’m writing and when I’m finished with a book I like biographies and manga. It’s not a new book, but I really want to read LOST WORLD by Michael Crichton this summer.

Vampire Kisses 8: Cryptic Cravings
The morbidly monotonous Dullsville has finally become the most exciting place on earth now that Raven is madly in love with her hot vampire boyfriend Alexander, and a crew of vampires has taken residence in Dullsville's old mill. Raven discovers Jagger's plan to open a new club, The Crypt, right here in Dullsville. But is it her dream come true, or her worst nightmare? Raven and Alexander have to figure out what the nefarious vampire has in store for Dullsville's teen and vampire population. Can Raven convince Jagger to listen to her plans to make the Crypt the morbidly magnificent dance club it could be? Will it be safe for mortals and vampires alike?

And as Sebastian and Luna's relationship heats up, Raven wonders about her own amorous fate: Will Alexander ever turn her? Does he crave her and does he want to spend eternity together? And what does she really want?

With cryptic secrets and cravings, this eighth installment in the Vampire Kisses series is a romantic and mysterious thrill ride.

Thank you Ellen for being with us today! Please go here to read an excerpt and find out more information about the tour.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. I'm a fan of Vampires and great covers. This has both and sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Chris! I'm looking forward to sharing my review for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Interview! I haven't had the chance to read this series yet, but I have always heard good things! Can't wait!

    On The Blog: Early Review of Half-Blood (Covenant #1)

    ReplyDelete

Labels