Mundie Moms

Monday, August 8, 2011

Mundane Monday #96

JacexClary by kazlet
   "What?" he said. "Why are you looking at me like that?"
   She wanted to throw herself into his arms and sob at the exact same time that she wanted to pound on him with her fists. Instead, she said, "If it weren't for what happened in the faerie court, Simon would still be alive."
   He reached down and savagely yanked a hunk of grass out of the ground. Dirt still clung to the roots. He tossed it aside. "We were forced to do what we did. It's not as if we did it for fun, or to hurt him. Besides," he said, with the ghost of a smile, "You're my sister."
   "Don't say it like that--"
   "What 'sister'?" He shook his head. "When I was a little kid, I realized that if you say any word over and over fast enough, it loses all its meaning. I'd like awake sahying the words over and over to myself--'sugar,' 'mirror,' 'whisper,' 'dark.' 'Sister,'" he said, softly. "You're my sister."
   "It doesn't mater how may tumes you say it. It'll still be true."
   "And it doesn't matter what you won't let me say, that'll still be true too."
-- page 200, chapter 10: A Fine and Private Place, City of Ashes

What a special Mundane Monday because if Jace wins this round of the YA Crush Tourney over at The YA Sisterhood, Cassie's promised us the Manor Collapse scene from City of Glass but from Jace's point-of-view and Cassie promises it is "spicy". Also, she'll post an outtake from City of Lost Souls.

With that at stake, MMs, you know what to do...go VOTE FOR JACE. If you're on twitter and are tweeting reminders, please use the hashtag #teamjace.

4 comments:

  1. I thought a little of the AngstyJace we all love would help gather a few more votes. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this part, in the book, sad but a good part. I love the picture above, it is what Clary at this moment really wanted to do, but held back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy Bess - It's one of my favorite moments, and the fan art really captures the moment. The artist is very talented.

    ReplyDelete

Labels