Mundie Moms

Sunday, October 2, 2011

In My Mailbox #91- The Austin Teen Book Festival Addition

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, where bloggers post about what books they received the previous week for review, were gifted, purchased, traded etc. Here's what we got this week:

I can't tell you guys how much I LOVE this book!! I'll be posting my mini spoiler review for CP tomorrow on the blog.

For Review:

* The Infernal Devices, Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare, published by Simon & Schuster, to be released on December 6th, 2011, already read

* Without Tess by Marcella Pixley, published by Farrar Straus Giroux Books for Young Readers, to be released on October 11th, 2011

* Smokeless Fire by Samantha Young, published by Samantha Young, to be released on October 21st, 2011

* Cinder by Marissa Meyer, published by Feiwel and Friends, to be released on January 3rd, 2012

* The Edumacation of Jay Baker, published by Christy Ottaviano Books, to be released on January 31st, 2012

* A Beautiful Friendship by David Weber, published by Baen Books, to be released on October 4th, 2011

* if i tell by Janet Gurtler, published by Source Books, released on October 1st, 2011

* i'm not her by Janet Gurtler, published by Source Books, released on May 1st, 2011

Bought:

Yesterday was the Austin Teen Book Festival, (which was a blast and I'll be posting about later this week) and along with taking Mary Poppins style bag full of books, I also purchased a few goodies for the event.

* BEHEMOTH by Scott Westerfeld, signed
* GOLIATH by Scott Westerfeld, signed
* Lola & The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins, signed, already read & reviewed
* Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson, signed
* Vanish by Sophie Jordan, signed, already read & reviewed

Gifted:

* The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton, from Kiki Hamilton, signed


Thank you to Cassandra Clare, Simon & Schuster, Kiki Hamilton, Samantha Young, Feiwel and Friends, Source Books, Farrar Straus Giroux Books, Christy Ottaviano Books and Baen Books for this week's wonderful reads.

12 comments:

  1. Oh awesome. Love the shirt! I really have to read Clockwork Angel soon I loved her Mortal Instruments series. I'm also looking forwa5d to the Name of the Star. Great haul!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    P.S. I've also got a new giveaway on my blog for Remembrance if you want to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great IMM. I have Clockwork Price and Cinder on my TBR list and can't wait to get my hands on them. I haven't read the first of the Infernal Devices so I really have to get started on that.

    JJ iReads
    My In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Clockwork Prince! I can't wait to read that one. I personally can't wait to read The Name of the Star, Mara Dyer, and Silence!

    Check out my post:
    http://seeitorreadit.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having some serious book-lust right now. I also got Vanish so I'm really excited about that. I'm looking forward to your reviews!

    Have a great week,

    -P.E.
    Tantalizing Illusions

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so wanted to make it down to Austin ;(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read Mortal Instruments series, so I haven't started Infernal Devices yet! I really need to get on it! Looks like you got tons of great books!

    Hope you have a great Sunday!
    My IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! Such awesome stuff you got this week! Great IMM and SO jealous you got to go to the Austen book festival! D:

    Haley @ Ya-Aholic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful haul! Envious of Clockwork Prince =)

    MY IMM: http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox27.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh Clockwork Prince! I cannot wait to read this one. I had an ARC of Clockwork Angel (like you, I'm sure), so I feel like I have been waiting FOREVER. So glad you loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Giselle- Thank you so much!

    JJ- Thank you! You've got to pick up the ID series. It's so good

    Jaskirat@SeeitORreadit - I'm so excited to read Name of the Star. The other ones are really good reads.

    P.E.- I hope you enjoy it! It's a fantastic sequel.

    Amy- I wish you could have too! Hopefully you can make it next year.

    Book Crook Liza- The ID series is so good!! I highly recommend picking up the books.

    haley- Thank you!! the book festival is so awesome. I hope you can make it out to it one of these days ;0

    Mocha- Thank you :)

    Kaitlyn- Yes, I've definitely been waiting for forever!! Did you receive a CP one too? It's SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad I got to see you this weekend! Too bad we didn't get to hang out more, but maybe next time!

    And whoa, you've got some great books this week. Your pile kind of looks like my pile, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lena- Great minds think a like! lol I love that we have similar piles. It was so great to see you guys this weekend! I just wish I was able to see you guys longer than I did. I realized I didn't even get pictures with anyone. :( We'll definitely have to hang out longer next time!

    ReplyDelete

Labels