Mundie Moms

Friday, October 14, 2011

Infernal Devices: A New Manga Series


Announced at New York's ComicCon today Yen Press announced that they will be releasing Infernal Devices trilogy as a manga series. We are so excited because the artists assigned to the series, HyeKyung Baek, is the same artist who did the Gossip Girl manga books.

Cassie released the full statement on her tumblr page. But here's her quote from it:

Cassandra Clare said of the deal: “As a long-time fan of manga, I’m so excited to be working on this adaptation with Yen Press. Manga has influenced a great deal of the way I envision narrative, and the chance to see my work rendered in the form is something I couldn’t pass up. I look forward to seeing HyeKyung Baek’s evocative art bring The Infernal Devices’ world of gaslit romance to life.”

How fun will it be to see our favorites, Tessa, Will and Jem in manga form?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, SOOOO much fun! I'm super excited about this. Doing fan art will be so much easier now, knowing what the characters will look, lol.

    Manga-style is perfect for these Victorian bishies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why aren't they doing this for TMI???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather - I know?!? So fun.

    Cathy - LOL. I love manga, too, so I'm very excited.

    Francesca - TMI is being produced as a graphic novel by Th3rd World Studios. If you click on their label in the left hand nav bar, you'll see some of the pages they've released.

    ReplyDelete

Labels