Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekly Feature & In My Mailbox #93

This has nothing to do with books, but being the huge sport fanatics we are I have to include this in my post...
The Rangers are going to the WORLD SERIES! They beat the Tigers 15-5 last night to clinch the West Division Champions Title. That win more than made up for the lose of my beloved Longhorns. Okay now book talk....

Weekly Feature:

Last week I had so much going on in my personal life, that I totally dropped the ball with books news and my reviews. I apologize for that, but I had things I need to tend to. Hopefully this week will be a much better week.

We've got some fun things going on this week on the blog! Our CA Read Along continues & we're chatting with MAGGIE STIEFVATER!!!


Our Clockwork Angel Read Along continues! This week I'm including a giveaway or two. It's been a lot of fun discussion Clockwork Angel with everyone. THANK YOU to everyone who's participating and keeping it spoiler free. I really appecriapt it and THANK YOU for prompting the read along on your blogs, via twitter and where ever else you've posted about it. It's exciting at how many people are reading it for the first time.

Monday- We're kicking off Samantha Young's Smokeless Fire blog tour!

Tuesday- Don't miss our Scorpio Races blog tour stop which will include my review & a giveaway!

Thursday- We're chatting with Maggie Stiefvater at 8 pm CST / 9 pm EST We can not wait!!

This weekend is the TX Book Festival here in Austin!! If you're in TX you don't want to miss the AWESOME list of authors who will be town, from Libba Bray, David Levithan, James Dashner, Ellen Hopkins, Kami Garcia, Margie Stohl, Cynthia Leitch Smith & many more. Go here for more information.
__________________________________

In My Mailbox is a weekly feature hosted by The Story Siren, where bloggers post about the goodies they've received the week before for review, purchased, borrowed, won, etc. Here's what what came in my mailbox this week:

For Review:

* Tuesdays at the Castle by Jessica Day George, published by Bloomsbury, to be released on October 25th, 2011

* Between the Sea & Sky by Jaclyn Dolamore, published by Bloomsbury, to be released on October 25th, 2011, reviewed here

* Amplified by Tara Kelly, published by Henry Holt & Co, to be released on October 25th, 2011

* Desert Angel by Charlier Price, published by Farrar, Straus & Giroux, to be released on October 25th, 2011

* Hallowed by Cynthia Hand, published by Harper Teen, to be released on January 24th, 2012

* Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi, published by Harper Teen, to be released on February 7th, 2012

* Carrier of the Mark (published copy) by Leigh Fallon, published by Harper Teen, released on October 4th, 2011, already reviewed

* Winterling by Sarah Prineas, published by Harper Children's, to be released on January 3rd, 2012

* Time Raiders, Day of the Predator by Alex Scarrow, published by Walker Books for Young Readers, released on October 11th, 2011

* Mastiff (Beka Cooper book 3) by Tamora Pierce, published by Random House, to be released on October 25th, 2011

* Destined by Jessie Harrell, published by Mae Day Publishing, to be released on November 17th, 2011

* Open Minds by Susan Kaye Quinn, to be released on November 1st, 2011

* Twice Upon A Time by James Riley, published by Aladdin, to be released on April 24th, 2012

* Half Upon A Time by James Riley, published by Aladdin, released on September 13th, 2010, already reviewed, for giveaway

* Fashion Kitty and the B.O.Y.S. by Charise Mericle Harper, published by Hyperion Childrens, released on October 4th, 2011


Audio Books: from Simon & Schuster Audio

Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

Behemoth by Scott Westerfeld

Goliath by Scott Westerfeld

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Perfect by Ellen Hopkins


Thank you Simon & Schuster Audio, Bloomsbury, Harper Teen, Farrar, Straus & Giroux, Random House, Hyperion Children's, James Riley, Jessie Harrell, and Susan Kaye Quinn for this week's awesome reads.

What goodies did you receive this week?

10 comments:

  1. You guys always have the best IMMs. I am so jealous about Under The Never Sky and Amplified!!! Happy Reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many awesome audiobooks! How do you decide where to start?

    Hope you have fun at the Texas Book Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hush Hush books rock! Enjoy :) Great haul this week. I want Amplified!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome books this week! I can't wait to get my hands on Hallowed. I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lena- Thank you! I can't wait to read both Under the Never Sky and Amplified.

    Missie- I have no idea which one I'm going to listen to first. I've heard they're all good. I'll miss seeing you at the Book Festival.

    Jaskirat- Yes they do. I'm looking forward to hearing them via the audiobooks.

    Kristina- Thank you! I'm really looking forward to reading Hallowed. I loved Unearthly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got Hallowed!!! I'm hoping it's as amazing as Unearthly!

    I haven't listened to an audio book in a while. I've heard that the audios for Leviathan were really good though! Definitely something I'm getting this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow loads of awesome books. I so want to read carrier of the mark love the cover.

    Happy Reading!

    My IMM: http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.com/2011/10/imm-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I WANT TO READ MASTIFF SO BADLY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been loving the read-a-long. :) Also, I'm super jealous of all the audiobooks you received. I've been loving audiobooks so much lately. I hope you enjoy them!

    Here's my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got Mastiff!!!!! I have been waiting FOREVER for that book!!!!! I adore Tamora Pierce! I get to see her in early November and I am freaking out a bit!

    ReplyDelete