Mundie Moms

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Touch of Power (Healer #1) by Maria V. Snyder

Published by: Mira
To Be Released on: December 20, 2011
Pre-Order From: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Laying hands upon the injured and dying, Avry of Kazan assumes their wounds and diseases into herself. But rather than being honored for her skills, she is hunted. Healers like Avry are accused of spreading the plague that has decimated the Territories, leaving the survivors in a state of chaos.

Stressed and tired from hiding, Avry is abducted by a band of rogues who, shockingly, value her gift above the golden bounty offered for her capture. Their leader, an enigmatic captor-protector with powers of his own, is unequivocal in his demands: Avry must heal a plague-stricken prince—leader of a campaign against her people. As they traverse the daunting Nine Mountains, beset by mercenaries and magical dangers, Avry must decide who is worth healing and what is worth dying for. Because the price of peace may well be her life...

I'm totally intrigued by the synopsis. I am a huge fan of Maria's and I loved her Poison Study series. I'm thrilled she has a new series out, and I can't wait to dive into Avry's story. What book are you waiting to be released?

20 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of Maria's too. Can't wait to read this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds really good. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, another future great story by Maria! And don't you just love that cover? Excellent choice of WoW for today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Natalie- I love Maria's writing! I'm excited to get back into her fascinating world.

    Amy- Thank you!

    DJL- The cover is fabulous! It's really eye catching. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read a review for this from Nice Girl Reads Books, and besides already being in total love with the awesomesauce cover and intriguing premise, this is now a definite auto-buy :)

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This one sounds amazing - what a great premise. And the cover is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to this book. I also loved the Poison Studies trilogy!

    On the other hand, I felt really conflicted about her Glass series. Though a certain character was redeemed, even likable in the end, I didn't really like the choice she made. I worried about the message it sent given the history. So I'm still not sure whether I liked it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asher- I keep hearing great things about it. I can't wait to read it.

    Jen- I totally agree! I'm totally sold on it.

    Aravis- I didn't like the Glass series as much as the Poison Study series either. It was a good series, just not as great as the PS series was for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This book does sound good. I love the cover too; it's very pretty and purpley. lol Great WoW!
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited about this one!! I LOVE Maria V. Snyder!! Awesome pick!!

    Jess @ Gone with the Words :) (Waiting on Wednesday!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read her books before, but they are on my list. This one sounds great.

    Our WOW is at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just finished this one a few days ago and WOW!! It will definitely be worth the wait ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG I read it already and I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) It's on Netgalley :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kathryn- I love Maria's writing! I'm excited she's got a new series coming out.

    Jess- I too! Thank you :)

    Book Sake- You have to read her Poison Study series! It's fabulous!

    Carole- I"m so happy to hear that!!

    Damaris- YAY! I love hearing it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My review will go up next week sometime. I went ahead and bought all her other books because of Touch of Power lol. That's how good it is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i can't wait to read this book! it sounds so amazing, and i'm lucky to have an arc from NetGalley of it! great pick. :)

    my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhh yeah this one looks really good! I haven't heard much about it, but I love that cover!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely adore Maria V. Snyder! I am extremely excited that she has a new series coming out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This sounds like a great book. I think it's a new must have for me. The book i am waiting for most is definitely Cassandra Clare's Clockwork Prince :) can't wait! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cover is so pretty. That alone makes me want to read this book!

    ReplyDelete

Labels