Mundie Moms

Monday, December 26, 2011

2011 Mundie Moms Favorites: Dystopians


Happy Monday/ Boxing Day! After taking a break for Christmas, we're back with our last few 2011 Mundie Moms Favorites posts. Today's post is for our favorite dystopians. This is the year I fell in love with Dystopians, which is a little surprising since I'm a huge paranormal fan. I still am, but this is the year that I really expanded my love for other YA genres, dystopians is one of them. There were a select few I read last year and really enjoyed, but this year there were a lot. It's funny, because I have never been a huge fan of this genre, but this year proved me wrong. I couldn't get enough of them.

Here's our list of our 11 favorite Dystopians from 2011 from both debut and established authors:
  1. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
  2. Divergent by Veronica Roth
  3. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
  4. The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
  5. Legend by Marie Lu
  6. Possession by Elena Johnson
  7. The Death Cure by James Dashner
  8. Blood Red Road by Moira Young
  9. Crossed by Ally Condie
  10. Wither by Lauren DeStefano

We are eagerly awaiting the sequels/next installments in each of these series in 2012 (except for The Death Cure, which is the last book in the Maze Runner series)! What were some of your favorite dystopian reads from this year?

6 comments:

  1. I have read most of those and they are all great books. Thank you for sharing your favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy- Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing what new Dystopians will be out in 2012

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wither is one of my favorites as well! Great list (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I have to read Blood Red Road soon. And Wither!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelsey & Giselle- Thank you! I've got to read Wither. It was one of Sophie's favorites and I've heard nothing but great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I've only read 4 of them but the others are in my to be read pile. We don't get a sequel to The Maze Runner series but James is publishing a prequel to it in August. I'm so excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Labels