Mundie Moms

Friday, December 23, 2011

2011 Mundie Moms Favorites: YA Historical Reads


It's day 7 of our 2011 MM Favorites and today we're sharing our favorite 2011 YA Historical's list. I had the privilliage of taking part in YA Bliss's 2011 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge this year, and I have to say, this was one of my favorite challenges. I'm such a sucker for a well written historical fiction. There's something about being whisked back in time that I absolutely love. Here's my top 10 favorite YA Historical Reads from this year:
  1. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
  2. Between The Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
  3. The River of Time Series by Lisa T Bergren (Waterfall, Cascade, Torrent)
  4. This Dark Endeavor: The Apprentice of Victor Frankenstein by Kenneth Oppel
  5. The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell
  6. Fateful by Claudia Gray
  7. The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton
  8. Entwined by Heather Dixon
  9. The Eternal Sea by Angie Frazier
  10. Steel by Carrie Vaughn
There's more fabulous historical's I read this year, but these were the ones that stuck out the most to me. I'm looking forward to the upcoming 2012 YA historical releases. This year was a great year for this genre. What were some of your favorite YA historical's you read this year?

4 comments:

  1. I just finished Casandra Clare's Clockwork Angel (loved it) and have Clockwork Prince on my TBR list. LOVE historical fiction!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list!!! I loved The Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady Cross and Circle of Fire by Michelle Zink, too. You're right so many well written historical (especially steampunk) books this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy- So glad you loved it!!! Wait till you read CP! It's even better, which is hard to imagine, since CA was brilliant!

    Sophie- I love our taste in books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also included Fateful in my top 10 on my blog, LOVED it! I still have a few of the others in The Pile and need to read them.

    ReplyDelete

Labels