Mundie Moms

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2011 Mundie Moms Favorites: Laugh Out Loud/Sarcastic Moments


In continuing with our 2011 Mundie Moms Favorites, we wanted to share some of our all time favorite laugh out/ sarcastic moments from a few of our favorite 2011 reads. There are many things we look for in our favorite books, well written character chemistry, sarcasm, action, and an exciting plot, but to really win us over we also need moments that make us laugh out loud. Often times those are the tension breakers in a scene, and inserted at the right place in the book, it gives us a moment to get our emotions back in check.

Here's a few of both mine & Sophie's favorite "Laugh Out Loud/Sarcastic Moments" from some of our favorite books (spoiler free):
  1. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare: Our all time favorite scene is one that involves Will, Tessa & Magnus at the Masquerade Ball. Magnus completely stole the show in this scene. When you read this scene you'll know why it's our favorite. Of course our other CP favorite is Will's Demonpox scene. I laughed so hard I cried while reading that.
  2. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare: The infamous mango scene with Jace & Simon. I don't know why, but I find this scene hilarious. Maybe in the midst of all that was going on that, that was the humor I needed to lighten the mood of the book up just a bit.
  3. The Iron Queen & The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa: Ash & Puck. Need we say more. Whenever they're together their jabs at each other often times cause us to snicker.
  4. Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins: Sophie & Archer. Really any time these two are together their sarcasm seeps through the pages and we constantly find ourselves laughing the things they say to each other.
  5. Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris: This entire book has lines that made us laugh out loud. It's a little hard not to when you something like, "Everyone in the room stared at me like they excepted me to grow fangs and sparkle."
  6. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake: huge props for Kendare Blake for writing a book that included horror, gore, romance, mystery and moments of humor that lightened the mood up at all the right moments. One of our favorite lines is, "Land of the Dead?" Is that what you dream about? she asked. "Boy who kills ghosts for a living?" "No. I dream about penguins doing bridge construction. Don't ask why."
  7. Obsidian & Half-Blood by Jennifer Armentrout: Two names, Kat & Daemon. You seriously just need to read this book to understand why these two made my list. They're sarcasm and jabs at each other are hilarious. Same goes for Alex & Aiden in Half-Blood. Jennifer does a suburb job at writing characters who have both sizzling chemistry and plenty of sarcasm, which are two of the things that I love about her books.
  8. Supernaturally by Kiersten White: There's not one particular moment that sticks out in mind, but many that either made me snicker to myself or laugh loud. Evie is so bleeping fantastic! This entire book is full of sarcastic moments and laugh out lines. Oh how I adore Evie!
  9. Eternal Starling by Angela Corbett: Another fabulous Evie character who's a package of awesome sarcasm! Her inner monologues and the things she says through out the book are hilarious. This is another character I highly recommend reading about.
  10. The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell: This is another one of our favorite reads from this year. Saundra really blew us away with her newest release. It's a beautiful, heart breaking historical that's rich in romance, mystery, paranormal elements and laced with some well written humor. If you've read the book, you'll know why this line we're quoting is being mentioned, "Could you have possibly put more water between us?"

These are just a few of our favorite laugh out loud/sarcastic moments, what are some of your favorites?

9 comments:

  1. Ash and Puck FTW! They are hilarious together. I love seeing Anna Dressed in Blood on here because you don't expect anything funny in such a scary book, but it really does have funny parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful choices!!!! I couldn't agree more with the ones that I am familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I also love Cassel from Curse Workers Series. I can't wait for the next book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melina- They really are!! I love the two of them. I was really impressed with Anna and it's little bits of scattered funny parts. It really did help lightening the mood with that book in certain scenes.

    Dawn- I agree, Cassel is fabulous! He made our list, but we decided to cut it at 10. I adore him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ask and Puck are both hilarious! I love them two ^_^

    IRON FEY FAN 4 EVER! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Ash and Puck together. There's never a dull moment with those two around!! And Supernaturally... Kiersten White has a wicked sense of humor. I can't wait to read Endlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you can't forget the Demon Pox song from CP, I swear if I had had anything to drink I would have snorted it out my nose when I read that, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kris- I do too! These two are some of the best written characters. I agree, Kiersten has the best sense of humor.

    Malissa- UGH! I had that on my list and somehow left it off the post. THANK YOU so much for saying that. I just added it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved that line in Anna Dressed in Blood! One of my favourite books of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Labels