Mundie Moms

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Twitter Tuesday - Veronica Rossi

Top row: Ellen Hopkins, Pam van Hylckama (bookalicio.us), Heather Petty, Me with Veronica Rossi, Lisa Desrochers, Pam and Naomi Canale.

This past Saturday, I headed over our snow-less Sierra Mountains to join a number of Nevada SCWBI authors in celebrating the launch of Veronica Rossi's Under the Never Sky. And what a fabulous party. It was so fun to see fellow bloggers, too, like Two Chicks on Books.

If you haven't picked up Veronica's book, oh my gosh, don't wait. I listened to the audiobook on my drive over and back and let me tell you, Mundie Moms, you guys have to meet Aria, Perry (HotBoywithArrows) and oh my, my...Roar. Trust me on this.

I'm actually not reading another book immediately because I want to let it all simmer in my brain for a while. I simply adore the world Veronica created -- scary, political and romantic. Did I say romantic?? Oh yeah. Sooooo romantic and it's all so realistically played out. But that ending? It's just...unbelievably perfect.

10 comments:

  1. Sophie- How fun!!! I loved reading this post. I'm so glad you got to go. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMs - It was so fun. Can you tell by my overuse of that word??

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was sooo awesome seeing you too Sophie!! Hopefully we can hang out again soon :D

    <333
    Jaime from Two Chicks on Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two Chicks On Books - You guys are so fun. We need to meet up beforehand, next time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is just an abundance of awesome in Norcal writers and bloggers, I must say. Thank you for this lovely post, Sophie, and double thanks for coming on Saturday <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sooooo sad I missed it! I tried to go with Jaime and Patricia...but couldn't find a sitter! I'll be seeing Veronica Rossi on Thursday at the Dark Days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad I missed it :'-(
    I agree, Under the Never Sky is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Veronica - I was thrilled to be there. Thank you for such a warm welcome and what an awesome gathering.

    BookLuvr Mindy - I totally feel your pain, Mindy, usually I can't get out of our lovely valley because of a) snow and b) my kids. (((hugs)))

    Benji - Seriously, I've yet to pick up another book. It's been 48 hours. I think I just want to stay in Veronica's world for a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just finished this and LOVED it. The end made my heart stop, it was totally unexpected, definitely left me wanting more! Thank you for the great suggestion, now if only I didn't have to wait a year to see what happens :-).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa - The wait is the worst part. But, ooooooh that ending.

    ReplyDelete

Labels