Mundie Moms

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Cassie Calms TMI Fans Movie "Rumor" Fears


Recently there's been some concern over an article that was a bit misleading with what it said about the TMI movie that is STILL currently in development. When asked about this the other day Cassie replied with this:

In this case, I will say:

1) The movie isn’t “cancelled.” This really doesn’t make much of any difference at all except in who distributes it.

2) Lily and Jamie are still attached. I mean, it’s been months since Screen Gems was connected with the project, and L&J are still attached, so I’m fairly confident they’ll be attached for the foreseeable future. Will they be attached forever? NO idea. But nothing about this makes it any more or less likely. And this isn’t news to them.

3) Really, this makes no difference to anything. I know words like “dropped” sound shocking and horrifying but in this context, it doesn’t mean much. I talked to Constantin last week and actually gave them a list of actors I liked for Simon (because why not?), and they gave me a schedule they expected to start filming by (August.)

No movie is going to be made until it’s greenlit. The movie was in development. It’s still in development. That said, Hollywood is like a big pinball machine. Projects bounce up, they roll around, they go this way, they go that way. This is (was) a bounce.


Go here to read the entire post Cassie posted on her Tumblr page. The highlighted text is taken from her post and I only quoted the end of that post.

5 comments:

  1. To be honest, I don't care what happens. I have my Hunger Games movie and that is enough. haha. Of course . . . it would be different if they were talking about the Infernal Devices films . . . now that's when my war would begin. haha. At least it's not cancelled. A lot of people were freakin' out all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If they would re-cast it I would so be excited about this movie because it is wiht no close second, my favorite YA series. But Jace is soooo important and I won't go see it the way it is cast. Perhaps that is a compliment to Cassie's writing because she painted a picture so clearly that it has to fit. The guy on the new book cover would work! They definitely cast that right!
    Ter05

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to see this book as a movie, but like Erin said, I have the Hunger games, so I'm not crying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THIS NEEDS TO BE A MOVIE NOW. Sometimes I wish I wouldn't find out that a book is going to turn into a movie until it is actually being filmed.

    ReplyDelete

Labels