Mundie Moms

Monday, March 5, 2012

Mundane Monday #126

artwork from here

"Ha. You can't even reach me." She kicked out a leg and spun lazily in midair.

Jace's eye glinted. "Want to bet?"

Clay knew that expression. "No," she said quickly. "Whatever you're going to do-"

But he'd already one it. When Jace moved fast, his individual movements were almost invisible. She saw his hand go to his belt, and then something flashed in the air. She heard the sound of parting fabric as the cord about her heard was sheared through. Released, she fell freely, too surprised to scream- directly into Jace's arms. The force knocked him backward, and they sprawled together onto one of the padded floor mats, Clary on top of him. He grinned up at her.

"Now," he said, "That was much better. You didn't scream at all."

- City of Fallen Angels, page 37

10 comments:

  1. Ahhh! This one. And then Isabelle has to bust in-,- Love this moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore this moment! Isabelle always seems to bust in at all the wrong moments lol

      Delete
  2. Right? Something always happen-_-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this scene!! I really want to read all of the books again before CoLS comes out, but it's hard to find the time. Maybe just a few chapters a night until I finish. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's hard not to want to sit and re-read them all.

      Delete
    2. I will definitely be taking part in the CoFA read-along though. I really enjoyed the Clockwork Angel read-along so I know this one will be really awesome too!

      Delete
    3. YAY!!! I'm so happy to hear this!!! I can't wait for it to start.

      Delete
  4. Oh I love that scene!

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete

Labels