Mundie Moms

Sunday, April 22, 2012

In My Mailbox #120 & TXLA '12

Happy Sunday!! I hope you all have had a great week. Here's some of the fabulous goodies that arrived in my mailbox this week:


Review:
For Mundie Kids:
I also received a box of awesomeness from Scholastic with their new line of interactive books, Discover More series. I LOVE this line. These books are perfect for in the home and classroom and I highly recommend checking them out.
Not counting the books I bought at TLA, I did purchase a few from the book store, but they've not all arrived yet except for
Thank you to: Simon & Schuster, Harper Teen, Scholastic and Laurisa White Reyes for this weeks fabulous reads. 

What goodies did you receive this week?

************

This week I had the chance to attend TXLA12. What an awesome time it was! I was able to drive down on Thursday and bring my son with me, who ended up really enjoying it as well. He was so excited about some of the books he got. The publishers were all so nice to him. A few of them even took the time to talk with him about the books he enjoyed reading. I loved being able to meet friends I've talked with online for a few years now, authors I've been looking forward to meeting, a few publicists and some editors. It's nice getting to meet people face to face after spending some much time emailing with them or talking to them online. 

Shannon Hale & I 
Being able to meet Shannon Hale (finally!!) made getting up at 3:30 am & being on the road a little after 4 totally worth it! I've been dying to meet her, and yes, I might have gone a little fan girly when I met her. She's so lovely in person. Shannon's books were the first YA books I read. Even before reading Twilight. I love her Books of Bayrn Series and I highly recommend picking them up.  

I totally adore Veronica Roth. It was so wonderful to see her again. Here she's holding up on ARC of Insurgent I brought down with me to have signed. It was great to meet her publicist Molly!



Kiki Hamilton & I
It was so lovely to finally meet her in person!
Joy Preble & I
I totally adore Joy.






Lisa Dez & I!
Sophie has told me so many lovely things about Lisa. It was so
wonderful to finally meet her. 
Jessi Kirby & I
It was so wonderful to meet Jessi! 





Stasia Ward Kehoe & I
I enjoyed getting to chat with Stasia







Stacey from Page Turners Blog & I
We've been onlines for about 5 yrs now &
it was so awesome to finally meet her

Susan from Waste Paper Prose & I
It was so lovely to finally meet her!
I had such a blast being able to see so many fellow TX bloggers and  hang out with a few of my blogger friends from the Houston area. I totally regret I didn't get a group picture. Thank you to Yara, Amber, Stacey, Susan and the whole gang for making Thursday so much fun!  


Books I brought from home to get signed (the left side pile are all books I took with me):
  • Insurgent by Veronica Roth
  • Graceling by Kristen Cashore
  • Bitterblue by Kristen Cashore
  • Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
  • Enna Burning by Shannon Hale
  • River of Secrets by Shannon Hale
  • Forest Born by Shannon Hale
  • Book of Thousand Days by Shannon Hale
  • Fallen by Lauren Kate
  • Torment by Lauren Kate
  • Passion by Lauren Kate
  • Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate
Bought at TLA:
  • Big Nate
  • Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale, signed, for a gift
  • Fallen by Lauren Kate
Received from publishers/authors:
  • Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale, published by Bloomsbury, to be released on 8/1/12, signed
  • Rapture by Lauren Kate, published by Random House, to be released on 6/12/12signed
  • A Fractured Light by Jocelyn Davies, published by Harper Teen, to be released on 9/25/12
  • Monument 14 by Emmy Laybourne, published by Feiwel & Friends, to be released on 6/5/12
  • Ask The Passengers by A.S. King, published by Little Brown, to be released on 10/23/12
  • Catherine by April Linder, published by Little Brown
  • Once by Anna Carey, published by Harper Teen, to be released on 7/3/12
  • Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson, published by Harper Teen, to be released on 10/9/12
  • Defiance by C.J. Redwine, published by Harper Teen, to be released on 8/28/12
  • Tempest Unleashed by Tracy Deebs, published by Bloomsbury, to be released on 6/5/12
  • Timepiece by Myra McEntire, published by Egmont USA, to be released on 6/12/10
  • Anastasia Forever by Joy Preble, published by Sourcebook, to be released on 8/1/12, signed
  • For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund, published by Harper Teen, to be released on 6/12/12
  • Through To You by Emily Hainsworth, published by Harper Teen, to be released on 10/2/12
  • Adaptation by Malindo Lo, published by Little Brown, to be released on 9/18/12
  • Team Human by Justine Larbalestier & Sarah Rees Brennan, published by Harper Teen, to be released on 7/3/12
  • Don't Feed The Boys by Irene Latham
  • Capture the Flag by Kate Messner, published by Scholastic, to be released on 7/1/12
  • Return to the Willows by Jacqueline Kelly, published by Henry Holt, to be released on 9/18/12
The smaller pile is of books my son received. 

Thank you to: Harper Collins, Little Brown, Scholastic, Source Books, Bloomsbury, Egmont USA, MacMillan and Random House. 

29 comments:

  1. You have so many great books this week but the one that drew my eye was the oh so adorable penguin book lol. You have lots of great reading ahead.

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how cute you are!!! It's the first time I see your face!! I'm so happy you had such a blast! I can#t wait for BEA, really!

    Some awesome books you got - Unraveling was awesome:)) Can't wait for Defiance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks Danny! It was soooo much fun! I'm sure BEA is going to be a blast!!

      Delete
  3. Too many awesome books to make individual comments. Suffice to say they all look great and I'm happy that you enjoyed the event :)

    Liza’s IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm looking forward to promoting each of them here on the blog :)

      Delete
  4. I can tell by your smile in your lovely photos that you had an AH-mazing time, you lucky duck! What are you planning on reading first? ;P

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you!! It definitely was a lovely time. It was totally worth it. That's a good question... I'm still trying to figure that one out.

      Delete
  5. What a great conference! I'm jealous! My IMM doesn't even compare!
    http://juliababyjenreadingroom.blogspot.com/2012/04/in-my-mailbox-6.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun conference! I highly recommend coming if you're near TX.

      Delete
  6. Looks like you had so much fun! I'm definitely jealous :) Enchanted is definitely a cute read, hoep you enjoy it!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blast! I can't wait for next year. :) I'm excited to read Enchanted! So glad you liked it.

      Delete
  7. I AM SO JEALOUS! You got to meet Veronica. And Kristin Cashore? So jealous! You are so lucky :D Although I do get to meet Veronica in July :) And ohh. So many awesome books :D Enjoy them all :) <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veronica is fabulous! This was my second time seeing her. I'm so excited you will get to meet her. I'm thrilled have finally gotten my copy of Graceling signed. It matches my signed Fire book now. LOL :)

      Delete
  8. WOW! Another epic book haul! So awesome you got to got to TXLA! I wish I could have went :) But it looks like you had a blast!! Love all the pictures and especially all the AMAZING books you got <3 I hope you absolutely love every single one!

    I pre-ordered Unraveling and can't wait to read it. It's set in my hometown and I just love that!

    Have a great week!

    Jessirae @ Words, pages and books
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! TLA was awesome! I wish you could have gone too. It was fun seeing everyone and talking with publishers. I'm looking forward to reading each of the books and talking about them here on the blog.

      How cool Unraveling is set in your hometown. :)

      Delete
  9. Love all the pictures!!! :-D

    Glad you had a blast at TXLA :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :)

      I definitely recommend attending TXLA if you ever have the chance too. :)

      Delete
  10. You got a lot of awesome books, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Still so jealous that you have something that awesome so close to home. So many great books!!!

    Our IMM is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously wish you could come out and attend it. It's so much fun!

      Delete
  12. So much fun!!! I'm totally jealous of your score of Timepiece and Adaptation :) And isn't Jessi a doll?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like a great event! I'm jealous you got Adaptation . . . want that book badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a fun time! I'm looking forward to reading it!

      Delete
  14. Ahh that looks like so much fun! You got to meet so many great authors! Also, that's really cool that you got a copy of A.S. King's next book so far in advance. I love her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised they had it out. I'm looking forward to reading it and featuring it on the blog.

      Delete
  15. You got to meet so many great authors!!! I'm a little green right now. :) Shannon Hale!!! Love her. I'm glad you had a great time.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was great seeing you!! Enjoy your reads. I'm interested t hear what you think of Between The Lines. I thought it was cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Labels