Mundie Moms

Monday, April 9, 2012

Mundane Monday #130

image found here

Two Jaces eyed him- one the real Jace, the other his reflection in the windowpane. "You can't just skip feeding, you know."


Simon shrugged. "I'm eating now."


"Yeah," Jace said, "but you're a vampire. Blood isn't like food for you. Blood is.... blood."


"That's very illuminating." Simon flung himself into the armchair across from the TV; it had probably once been a pale gold velvet but was now worn to the grayish pile. "Do you have a lot of other profound thoughts like that? Blood is blood. A toaster is a toaster? A Gelatinous Cube is a Gelatinous Cube? 


Jace shrugged. "Fine. Ignore my advice. You'll be sorry later."


Before Simon could answer, he heard the sound of the front door opening. He looked daggers at Jace. "That's my roommate. Kyle. Be nice."


Jace smiled charmingly, "I'm always nice."


- City of Fallen Angels, pages 134-135

5 comments:

  1. I love the interaction of those two, always cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me too! Their interaction in COFA is by far my favorite.

      Delete
  2. I loved the bantering between Jace and Simon in COFA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Simon!!! :D However, he should have listened to Jace!!!

    ReplyDelete

Labels