Mundie Moms

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Guest Post: Dark Readers on Cassandra Clare's COLS UK Signing at Foyle's

I'm so excited about today's guest post from Dark Readers! She was one of the lucky TMI fans who attended Cassie's UK signing this past Saturday at Foyles. Here's a lovely recap from the signing:

 
So where shall I start? Let's start with the beginning. So the lovely Neil who works at Foyles (UK bookstore who hosted the event) was kind enough to give me free tickets to see Cassandra Clare and Maureen Johnson at the Stratford Royal theatre. It's a lovely theatre right next to the Olympic stadium in London. When I arrived I was very excited! Because the last time I saw Cassandra and Maureen was late last year. I missed their banter and Cassandra is such a lovely lady it was nice to be in her presence again!

 
When I got there the queue there was already a queue. Some with some awesome t-shirts and some with runes Painted on there hands. I knew I was in the right place! Once we got into the actual theatre I learned that I and some fellow bloggers had reserved seating (Front row) we were surprised and delighted and took our seats!


 

 Maureen Introduced Cassadra in of course a wacky way! She introduced her from the top of the theatre! Everyone was cheering it was a great atmosphere! Cassandra was wearing an awesome blue dress that totally matched the lovely hot weather we were having. It was a great Q&A. Topics came up such as Magnus movie casting and how they are NOT auditioning anyone but Asian actors and how Cassandra wanted to keep the ethnicity of her characters the same because Actors in Hollywood especially none white ones usually get cast in the same roles and she wanted to change that which we absolutely love her for. Other things came up such as incidents in Hyde park with duck pie and Ducks! And reasons Will and Jem don't like them.
 

We were laughing through out! The people who asked questions got cool Mortal Instrument styled gifts. I asked a question but I can't actually remember what I asked!! But I do remember I got this awesome HEAL/PAINLESS rune key chain from Cassandra! One funny moment I remember is Maureen giving me the keychain she said To me "I remember you. I sat next to you" I was "awhhh" inside. She was referring to last year when we sat next to each other at a harper collins event and started talking about Misfits!! Also the hilarious Sarah Rees Brennan Was there!

Other things were discussed including spoilers from City Of Lost Souls, favourite books, London, strong female characters, Sebastian, kittens. Cassandra's new series, Chemistry auditions for the movie and great news that in the back of Clockwork Princess there will be a family tree of all the families including Mortal instruments and Infernal Devices, so if you guys were ever confused about characters this is going to help you! After the Q&A we all queued up to get our books signed!

Cassandra and Maureen are as lovely as ever, and check out all my signed books woo!!
 

It was a great day and had lots of laughs and insight into Maureen and Cassandra's crazy genius brains! Also want to say thanks to Mundie Moms for letting me guest post of their ever so awesome blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels