Mundie Moms

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday: 5 Books I Wish I Could Climb Into

Happy Thursday! I recently found a quote that rang true to me about books, and I think it's one many o of you will be able to relate to as well. You know there's those books that are fun to sit down and read, and then there's those books you seriously wish you could crawl inside of it and just stay there.


I seriously love this quote! It made me think about some of the recent books I've read, specially the ones I enjoyed vs the ones I seriously wish I could have crawled inside them and hung out there for a bit long. Here's my list of 5 recently read YA books that came to find that I wish I could have climbed inside and stayed there long. These books are taken from my recent 5 star reviews.


I seriously love this YA debut from Robin LaFevers. Everything she did in this story was brilliantly done, and richly detailed and I did not want this book to end. Historical setting, check. Romance, check. Action, double check. Beautifully written, check, check. I loved everything about this book! You can read my full review here.


Saundra Mitchell created a vivid world set in an historical time period and gave it a supernatural twist that left me wanting more. From the realistic feeling the setting created, to the unique ability her characters have, and then finally the sweet sigh worthy romance. Everything about Saundra's writing connected with me, and made me feel like I was apart of this book's world while I read it. The Springsweet is the companion novel to The Vespertine. I highly recommend picking up both books! You can read my full review here.


I don't think I need to list all the reason why Josephine Angelini's DREAMLESS, her fabulous sequel to her debut STARCROSSED is on this list. I was blown away at the direction this story took and thoroughly enjoyed getting to see further into the captivating paranormal world she created with this book, and series. This book has a sizzling romance, a breath taking setting and a well written creative spin on a lore I love. You can read my full review here.


This book clearly needs no explanation as to why it's on my list! Without fail, Cassie always leaves me wanting more. More from her beautiful writing. More from her vivid world, and more from her characters I've grown to love. Every time she releases a new book I claim that, that one is my favorite. That's due to the fact that Cassie's writing continues to amaze me, surprise me, and with each story line it becomes her worlds become more vivid, realistic and she has allowed each of her characters to come to life and feel like they're apart of my life. You can read my full review for COLS here.


Oh Kaleb! Okay, reading from his point of view isn't the only thing I loved about this sequel to Myra McEntire's debut, Hourglass. Timepiece took me further into Myra's unique world, allowed me to get to know her characters on a whole new level, and had me feeling like I came back for a brief visit with old friends. I love it when an author allows me to connect with not just her characters, but their writing. Myra has done just that for me. You can read my full review here.


 What are some books you have recently read that left you wishing you could have climbed inside them and hung out there for a bit longer?

11 comments:

  1. I am hoping to read The Springsweet and Dreamless soon. Timepiece, CoLS were Amazing books. Grave Mercy is my favorite. I love the quote..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TSS and D are fabulous! I hope you enjoy them as much as TP and COLS. Grave Mercy, oh how I love this book.

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to pick up The Springsweet for awhile, it looks like a really great read!! And I can't wait to finally get to my copy of Grave Mercy :D Awesome list!!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think you'll really enjoy Grave Mercy and The Springsweet! They are so well written, and just all around awesome reads.

      Delete
  3. City of Lost Souls but I read all of them again for the 6th or 7th time - and listened to the audios.

    The Scorpio Races, A Discovery of Witches, Queen of Camelot, The Night Circus

    Oh, that's five and fairly recent reads. Some re-reads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh love your list! There's a few of those sitting on my shelves I need to read. I'll be bumping those up on the list.

      Delete
  4. I so agree with that quote. Some books I'd love to go into--Harry Potter, Legend, The False Prince, and Defiance. I could probably go on and on if I thought about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many books I wanted to list, so I made it easy for myself and just picked the last few 5 star reviews that I've read that made me feel that way.

      Delete
  5. That really is a fantastic quote!! So many books I want to live in!! I really need to get to Dreamless. I have been dying to read it, it's just a pretty long book and I haven't found enough time between review books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm almost finished Grave Mercy and I LOVE IT so much!

    ReplyDelete

Labels