Mundie Moms

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Venom by Fiona Paul


Published by: Philomel
To Be Released on: October 30th, 2012
Pre-Order from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Cassandra Caravello is one of Renaissance Venice’s lucky elite: with elegant gowns, sparkling jewels, her own lady’s maid, and a wealthy fiancĂ©, she has everything a girl could desire. Yet ever since her parents’ death, Cassandra has felt trapped, alone in a city of water, where the dark and labyrinthine canals whisper of escape.


When Cass stumbles upon a murdered woman—practically in her own backyard—she’s drawn into a dangerous world of courtesans, killers, and secret societies. Soon, she finds herself falling for Falco, a mysterious artist with a mischievous grin... and a spectacular skill for trouble. Can Cassandra find the murderer, before he finds her? And will she stay true to her fiancĂ©, or succumb to her uncontrollable feelings for Falco?

Beauty, love, romance, and mystery weave together in a stunning novel that’s as seductive and surprising as the city of Venice itself. -quoted from Gooreads

Renaissance Venice, romance, mystery..... I'm totally sold! Plus check out that fabulous cover. I seriously love the mask. I can't wait to sit down and dive into this debut! 

Venom is also apart of this year's Breathless Reads! Be sure to follow them on facebook to find out what cities Fiona will be touring in. 

10 comments:

  1. I have seen a couple of stories now featuring Renaissance Venice - and this one has a gorgeous cover! Nice pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100%!!!!!!!!!! I want to read this book soooo bad!!! I LOVE the cover, LOVE the premise, and LOVE the setting! Hopefully I will love the book overall! Great choice :-)

    SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is a package of awesomeness! It's everything I love. I can't wait to sit and read it.

      Delete
  3. I saw this the other, it looks and sounds fantastic. Great choice...

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=1799

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to read this one! I love the time period and the mystery and of course the cover is gorgeous! :)
    My W.O.W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! This time period is one of my favorites.

      Delete

Labels