Mundie Moms

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weekly Round Up in the Stacks (IMM #145 / Stacking the Shelves #9)

Wow, what a crazy Sunday! I hope everyone in the path of Hurricane Sandy stays safe, as well as those in the area were the large earth quake hit in Canada, and were the Tsunami warnings are issued. 

Welcome to this week's edition of my weekly round in the stacks. This weekend was such a blast! Friday night started off with my interview with David Levithan, which was AWESOME! My friend Stacey with Girls in the Stacks came down to do the interview with me and she filmed it. That will be up later this week. Kristen Cashore and Rebecca Stead where also there, and can I just say how awesome they are. I adore Kristen! 


I had the opportunity to be a moderator at this weekend's Texas Book Festival, for Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl's panel. What a blast!! I love these two. The entire experience was so much fun. Friday night after David's interview/signing the festival kicked off with a fabulous author/moderator together out at The Writing Barn. TONS of fun. I'll write up a separate post about it soon. Here's a picture from each event: 

Pic 1: Lisa McMann, Maggie Stiefvater, Cinda Williams Chima, and Bree Despain / Pic 2: Becca Fitpatrick, Kami Garcia & Maragaret Stohl prior to our panels. 

Can I just say how awesome all these women are that are in both pictures. Seriously, if ever get the chance to meet them, please do! I'm not just saying that as some of them are my friends, I seriously admire each one of them. They're inspirational, strong, fun and down right awesome! And they're all amazing writers.

Okay, now on to books....


For Review:

Harper Teen:
Penguin Teen:
Penguin Books:
Simon Teen:
Little Brown
Tor Teen:
Fierce Reads:
Other:
 Purchased / Gifted:

I'm so excited to share this with you guys, we're quoted in The Lost Prince! It's Sophie's quote from her review of The Iron Daughter!!

Gifted: Thank you K!
Won: from the YA Sisterhood (thank you!)



A few of the books I got signed at the TX Book Festival. Can I tell you guys how excited I am over getting my RAVEN!!! I love Maggie's illustrations. Thank you Maggie!!!

Thank you to:

Penguin Teen, Penguin Books, Harper Teen, Simon & Schuster, Kristen Simmons, Little Brown, Fierce Reads, the YA Sisterhood, and K for this week's awesome reads.

What goodies did you receive this week?

Weekly Re-Cap: There was a ton happening on the blog this week. Don't miss this week's:
Thank you for stopping by this week! Please leave me a link so I can come check out your mailbox feature and see what books you got. 

16 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous!! I can't wait to read "Vision" by Lisa Mcmann.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Lisa's writing! I can't wait to read it either.

      Delete
  2. Amazing haul!! I loved easy and Insurgents Special Edition looks awesome!!
    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/10/stacking-shelves-25-rushed-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'd have loved to go to your panel discussion. I love all these authors.

    I just got The Cadet of Tildor too. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! The panel I moderated was so much fun! I adore Kami and Margie!

      Delete
  4. As usual, your hauls are AMAZING. And that's so awesome that you moderated for Kami and Margaret! Can't wait to see your recap post on the event!

    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll be posting about my panel this week. I can't wait to share about it.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I am so excited I finally have those books! I picked up the first two when I was in Toronto for the TMI movie set visit, and got the third book at TLA last year. Now I can sit down and read the entire series.

      Delete
  6. Ahhh! You got so much amazing. *Dies of jealousy* lol :) So jealous about signed Raven Boys. <3 And signed Legend. Sigh. Also very jealous of Paper Valentine and Breaking Point :) Everything looks amazing, though. Hope you enjoy it all sweetie :D
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you sweets! I adore Maggie and her illustrations! I can't wait to read Paper Valentine. I hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  7. Did you go to Becca session on Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, since I was moderating my panel then. I saw her before our panels. She came to the panel I moderated for a bit.

      Delete
  8. OMG PAPER VALENTINE!!! MEEEEEEEEEEP SO JEALOUS! I want that one SO BAD! It would be the perfect Halloween read!!! I hope it ends up being AWESOME!

    Anna
    Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete

Labels