Mundie Moms

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Book Review: REACHED by Ally Condie

It's REACHED day today, and the end of Penguin Teen's Silk & Paper Campaign. It's been such a blast being apart of this. I'm beyond thrilled to share my review for this fabulous series finale! Though I'm sad that this trilogy is over, I couldn't be happier with the outcome of this book, and all that takes place. 


Published by: Dutton / Penguin Teen
Released on: November 13th, 2012 TODAY
Series: Matched Trilogy book #3
Source: arc from publisher to review
4.5 Stars: I Really Enjoyed It!
Purchase from: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

After leaving Society and desperately searching for the Rising—and each other—Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again: Cassia has been assigned to work for the Rising from within Society, while Ky has been stationed outside its borders. But nothing is as predicted, and all too soon the veil lifts and things shift once again.

In this gripping conclusion to the #1 New York Times-bestselling Matched Trilogy, Cassia will reconcile the difficulties of challenging a life too confining, seeking a freedom she never dreamed possible, and honoring a love she cannot live without -quoted from GoodReads

They say all good things come to end, and like many last books in a series, REACHED was both one I couldn't wait to read and one I didn't want to read, because then the series would never end for me. Ally Condie has created quite an unusual dystopian series and one I've really enjoyed. Unlike ones with  a lot of action, mild violence, and this one is more laid back series. I love how each of the dystopian series I love are so different. That's not to say this series society isn't on the brink of collapse, or that this series doesn't have it's moments of intensity, betrayals, and mystery, because it has all of these. One of the things I loved about REACHED is the way all the questions I have had through out the series were answered. 

Xander and Cassia. Ky and Cassia. Who's a girl to choose. I think fans of both guys will happy to know how things end. No, she doesn't choose both of them. I went back and forth this entire series on who I liked more, and I've been waiting patiently to find out who Cassie picks, if indeed she picks anyone at all. I will say, I LOVED the ending all three of them got. It wasn't just fitting, but perfect for each character. For the first time ever we got ALL 3 of their points of views and I loved it! It was so fitting for this story. It was easy to know who was talking when, and each character's point of view added so much depth to this engaging storyline. I liked feeling like I got to know each character on a different level, because of this. They've all grown a lot, and I found it fascinating to see how each character handles their new surroundings and circumstances. Things happen in REACHED that paved the way for some expected choices that each character made. I felt like got to see what motivated their decisions, vs being told. 

There are moments of heartbreak, ones that were hopeful, and others that made me sigh with relief, because I felt like things were going to be okay/work out in their own way for Xander, Ky and Cassia, given all they do deal with. I thought Ally Condie did a fabulous job with wrapping up her series. She kept REACHED entertaining, surprised me more than once with the way things panned out, and shocked me with a few of her unexpected answers. Wow, I was totally off base with many of my predictions in this book. I love surprises like this. I had not anticipated some of the things that took place in this book to happen, like at all. It was fabulous to be thrown off of what I had thought would happen in this book. Over all I think Matched series fans are going to be pleased with the way this series ends, well at least the fans who love one of the series's main love interests. ;)



REACHED was named to Amazon's Best Teen Books of 2012

Read a 3 chapter excerpt here

Don't miss today's REACHED events on Facebook

Don't miss your chance to Ally on TOUR!

Tuesday, November 13
SALT LAKE CITY
7 pm - Launch event at Rowland Hall St. Mark’s Auditorium
843 South Lincoln Street

Salt Lake City, Utah 84102

NOTE: This event will include an opportunity to get your photo taken in a life-sized cover image of REACHED

Wednesday, November 14
CHICAGO
7 pm - Anderson’s Bookshop 
123 West Jefferson
Naperville, IL 60540

Friday, November 16
OMAHA
6 pm - The Bookworm
8702 Pacific Street
Omaha, Nebraska  68114

Tuesday, November 27
HOUSTON
7 pm - Blue Willow Bookshop
14532 Memorial Drive
Houston, TX 77079 

Wednesday, November 28
MIAMI
7 pm - Books & Books 
265 Aragon Ave
Coral Gables FL 33134

Thursday, November 29
WASHINGTON, DC
5 pm - Event at Bethesda Library 
7400 Arlington Rd.
Bethesda, MD 20814

Friday, November 30
RALEIGH, NC
7 pm – Quail Ridge Bookstore
3522 Wade Ave
Raleigh NC 26707

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels