Mundie Moms

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Best of Mundie Moms 2012: Favorite Characters


Today's best of 2012 features our favorite characters. Often times characters make or break a story for us. With all the books we've read this year it takes a certain kind of character to really stand out and keep us talking about them and their story. Luckily for us we read about some outstanding characters this year and here are just a few of our favorites.

Stand out female characters:

Sophie: Clary from City of Lost Souls. She's grown into a one tough girl. Not to be messed with. Determined. All hell's going to break in CoHF and Clary will be leading that charge. I can hardly wait.

Katie: Alina from Leigh Bardugo's Shadow & Bone. She is one character who's journey literally hooked me and impressed me. I loved seeing Alina grow into this amazingly resilient character. She's strong, tough, and boy does she know how to the turn tables! I can't wait for book two.

Sophie: Cammie from Ally Carter's Out of Sight, Out of Time. She is my favorite character of 2013. Why? She has amnesia. She has lost an entire summer/most of fall and she pieces together the puzzle of what happened with such brilliant accuracy that I sat back and wanted to clap. Also cry.

Katie: I'm torn between Ismae from Grave Mercy and Clary from City of Lost Souls. I LOVED Ismae from the moment I met her. She's a character you really do not want to mess with. She's deadly, stubborn, strong willed, and someone I grew to admire. Above all this girl is smart! I loved that about her. She also has this fiery passion that drives her to do the things she does. I feel like Clary's grown with each book, but in COLS I felt like she's finally grown into her skin. I love that she's someone who's not to be messed with. She's also proven time and time again how tough she is, but her toughness shines in COLS. I can not wait to see what butt kicking action she has in store for is in City of Heavenly Fire.

Stand out male characters:

Katie: I really want to put Jace on here, but I feel like Jace is a given, so I'm going to say Duval from Grave Mercy. Not only is his romance with Ismae beautiful, it's down right perfect. What I love about his character is even though he's a strong, fierce, cunning character, I loved how gentle and careful he could be around Ismae.

Sophie: Bennett from Tamara Ireland Stone's Time Between Us. I have a well established weakness for time travelers and romance.

Katie: Roar from Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. I LOVE Roar! He is one of those characters who livens up any scene he's in. I love the history he has with Perry. Roar is one of those characters who wish I could spend more time with. He stole the show for me in Under The Never Sky.

Sophie: Jackson from Julie Cross's Tempest. See above comment, but add to it consequences that are full of whoa! and no way.


Who are some of your favorite characters from 2012?

3 comments:

  1. Jace & Clary aside I loved Karou from Daughter of smoke & bone, Cinder & Allison from The immortal rules. Boys would be harder, to pick, I think the girls stood out this year !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jace & Clary aside I loved Karou from Daughter of smoke & bone, Cinder & Allison from The immortal rules. Boys would be harder, to pick, I think the girls stood out this year ! But I have to mention Kaleb from Timepiece and Ethan from The Lost Prince

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed - I loved Roar too!
    Also Raffe as well as Penryn from Angelfall. One of my favs of the year!

    ReplyDelete

Labels