Mundie Moms

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Book Review - Double Crossed by Ally Carter

Written by: Ally Carter
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Release Date: 1/22/2013
Series: A Spies and Thieves Story (Gallagher Girls 5.5 and Heist Society 2.5)
Source: Bought
Purchase: FREE on kindle | nook | kobo

Rating: 5 out of 5 canary diamond stars, the real kind not the fake ones

Synopsis: The world of Heist Society is introduced to the Gallagher Girls in an original crossover story by Ally Carter.

I have been waiting for this e-novella since oh, I don't know it seems like months and months.  Why? Okay, I adore Ally's writing, her characters and both the Heist Society and the Gallagher Girl series have me on the very edge of my seat waiting for the next (and final) installments. So this morning when I poured my cup of coffee and checked my kindle for the download, I may have breathed a sigh of relief that it was yes indeed, there.

Macey McHenry, the senator's daughter, cosmetic heiress and Gallagher Girl waited for me to read her words as she described her first impression of the always dreamy W. W. Hale, V. And Macey must never be kept waiting. It was so logical for them to meet up because, after all, they do run in the same social circles. The tension, flirtation and most of all their cooperation in working together made for some tense page turning moments.

The story is short but satisfying and yes, it does feature two of my other favorite people from both of the series. I won't spoil it for you; you have to read it yourself. And hey, it's FREE. Many thanks to Disney-Hyperion for giving us this satisfying treat while we wait for Perfect Scoundrels release on February 5th (pre-order at Barnes and Noble | amazon | IndieBound).

Oh and if you download Double Crossed now, you will also get the first chapter of Heist Society and the first two chapters of Gallagher Girls #1 (I'd Tell You That I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You). If you haven't read these series, yet, what better way to get introduced to them than through this free e-novella? In the mean time, I may be re-reading Double Crossed again in the school pick-up lane. If you see me, shhhhhh, do not disturb the reading mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels